GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Religion - is it okay to pick and choose what to believe?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/09/08 at 10:55
Regular
It confuses me how some religious people can pick and choose what they want to believe in. Surely you don't have a choice?

I have lots of family and friends who are religious. Infact I was brought up a christian and went to a C of E primary school. One thing I notice a lot is how they pick and choose what they want to believe and what they don't want to believe. Is this common amongst christians and catholics in this country?

Are you still catholic if you have sex before marriage? Are you still a christian if you're gay? How can you be catholic and believe in horoscopes? Is it possible for you to believe in evolution and still be religious? Or be a big science fiction nerd? :D Or even follow a religion created by a big science fiction nerd?
Thu 04/09/08 at 16:43
"Was the man of marz"
El Viking wrote:
> so I'll go no further than pointing people to
> The Brick Testament

Is there nothing that lego can't be used for, even music videos look better with it here
Thu 04/09/08 at 15:52
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I think some parts of the Bible certainly are ignored, basically as they're old Jewish laws, govering a totally different culture at a different time. But I've no real understanding of all this, so I'll go no further than pointing people to The Brick Testament, a website which acts out scenes from the Bible in Lego. The section on "The Law" is actually pretty funny.

It's all open to interpretation and emphasis, really. Just look at the way there are different sects of Christianity and Islam.

I'll be skeptical until I see any real proof of anything, but it does still intrigue me. Documentaries on the Gnostic gospels, archaeology in the Holy Land etc can be oddly interesting...
Thu 04/09/08 at 15:49
Regular
"Monochromatic"
"I've done everything the Bible says - even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff!"
Ned Flanders

I dont think it's possible to follow everything to the letter. I can only assume the ideal is you follow things as closely as possible.
I'm feeling quotey today

"When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow."
Anais Nin
Thu 04/09/08 at 15:35
Regular
I would have thought not. It'd odd, having gone to church a few times in preparation for the wedding, I'm finding myself starting to wonder if it's all true - if I actually believe.

If I do believe, what do I actually believe in? The entire contents of the bible? Which version?

In answer to your question, I've no idea. Sorry.
Thu 04/09/08 at 10:55
Regular
It confuses me how some religious people can pick and choose what they want to believe in. Surely you don't have a choice?

I have lots of family and friends who are religious. Infact I was brought up a christian and went to a C of E primary school. One thing I notice a lot is how they pick and choose what they want to believe and what they don't want to believe. Is this common amongst christians and catholics in this country?

Are you still catholic if you have sex before marriage? Are you still a christian if you're gay? How can you be catholic and believe in horoscopes? Is it possible for you to believe in evolution and still be religious? Or be a big science fiction nerd? :D Or even follow a religion created by a big science fiction nerd?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.