GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MyFreeola login."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/08/08 at 16:21
"Are you sure?"
It's been mentioned before but things seem to have changed again for me today.

Since the recentish MyFreeola upgrades the login page:
https://secure.freeola.com/myfreeola/login.php stopped remembering my passwords (using IE7) but today I've noticed that it's also stopped storing the userid as well!

Any chance someone can look at this as it's a bit of a pain - unless it's only me?

I look after a few Freeola ADSL clients and all their PCs were able to login to MyFreeola easily but having to remember all their users/passwords will make things harder work for me and them...

Thanks.

Search Freeola Chat
Mon 05/07/10 at 12:38
"Are you sure?"
McLong wrote:
> The issue with IE not remembering your MyFreeola password
> should now be resolved.
> Can you give this a retry when you get a chance please Hmmm...
> and let me know how it goes?

Thanks McLong - all works fine again.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 05/07/10 at 12:26
Regular
The issue with IE not remembering your MyFreeola password should now be resolved.

The problem was caused by a bit of JS code used to hide and reveal additional input fields, and when updating the look of the pages recently we forgot to carry across the JS fix. Hopefully it's all sorted now though.

Can you give this a retry when you get a chance please Hmmm... and let me know how it goes?
Fri 02/07/10 at 14:44
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
cjh!! haha
Thu 01/07/10 at 17:23
"Are you sure?"
This is the article I linked to in my previous post and once the 'Javascript submit' was removed along with the other stuff Eccles mentions all was well.

eCommerce Website 101
Help all your returning customers login as easily as possible!...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 01/07/10 at 16:25
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
If I recall correctly, IE won't remember a username and password combination if:

A) The login page is hosted via SSL, and the page is prevented from being cached via Cache-Control HTTP Headers, which is seems Freeola include.

B) The HTML form uses the JavaScript function submit(); in place of a standard <input type="submit"> or <input type="image"> button element to login, which is seems Freeola are using.

C) IE doesn't recognise that it is a log-in form, which could be because of the way the HTML form includes two elements for entering an email address, depending on if the user is a new or existing customer.

D) IE will not remember passwords if you try and login between 11am and 3pm, or half past any hour, or on a Thursday.

E) If your email address isn't provided by Hotmail.

F) You own a Playstation, Wii, or Apple product.

G) If you've ever installed Google Chrome.

H) If you've ever made it up to the letter H with reasons IE is doing something wrong, or not doing something right.

I) You don't have Bing as your default search engine.

J) You've ever typed Google in to the Bing Box.

K) Your username and / or password refers to Microsoft in a negative manor.

L) The web site you're logging in to includes "best viewed in Firefox"

M) You've never clicked an advert on any web site that is provided by the Microsoft Ad Center.

N) You've made it in to the second half of the alphabet with reasons IE is doing something wrong.

One of, all, or none of the above might be behind IE not remembering the username and password combinations, you never know with Internet Explorer.
Thu 01/07/10 at 15:10
"Are you sure?"
Hi Digi,
Are you saying that if you logout of MyFreeola and then go to log back in IE8 remembers both your user and password?

Since the introduction of the new login page yesterday, IE8 is only remembering the user for me.

NB. My autocomplete options are set to remember "users and passwords in forms" but not "forms".

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 01/07/10 at 14:53
Regular
well IE 8 is ok for me on my desktop, but had to login again on my laptop as I dont often visit the site on my laptop, but once it was done it did remember, That said IE is strange some times it forgets anyway and I have seen mee import my cookies to gee it up when it forgets! this was worse on Vista than on windows 7
Thu 01/07/10 at 14:31
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Bah you knew what I meant.

I wonder if IE8 has a pedantic filter.............. ;)
Thu 01/07/10 at 13:28
"Are you sure?"
Warhunt wrote:
> Still IE8 is not doing what it should...

IE8 is doing what it should for me - it's just the new Freeola login page that's not doing what it should... :¬P

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 01/07/10 at 13:14
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Not sure, can't recall conversations months ago off the top of my head like you seemingly can :)

I'm willing to believe it was though, as I do remember you and me agreeing on IE7 usage during that thread.

Still IE8 is not doing what it should during my tests last night. I'll get onto an IE7 machine later too.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.