GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ant's Rule is overturned - I am King"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/12/00 at 13:02
Regular
The title said it all???
Mon 04/12/00 at 17:53
Regular
Interestingly, time is not a constant, and neither is the speed of light.

The universe will end when it was created, basically.

Actually, it's not basic at all...

Anyway, I am still King.
Mon 04/12/00 at 17:44
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Can't fault the logic of that one =)
Mon 04/12/00 at 13:13
"possibly impossible"
Time is a measurable constant. Lunchtime is just a time that should be constant, and yet it is imeasurable. Infinity is imeasurable. I only seem to get time to write into Gameaday at Lunchtime, ergo Gameaday is infinite.
Mon 04/12/00 at 12:16
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
:-)
Mon 04/12/00 at 12:15
Regular
Mon 04/12/00 at 11:40
Regular
"smile, it's free"
That was a rather lame reply I just made. Lets see if I can think of something better.

Okay, to argue that the theoretical lifespan of this forum is not infinite, I'm going to have to argue that the concept of infinity does not exist.
Firstly, I am going to assume that energy cannot bve created or destroyed - a basic principle of physics. Therefore the universe cannot have been created from nothing - there must always have been something. The size of the universe is not infinite, and never can be. The dimensions of space itself are governed by the matter present (as Einstein showed).
Back to this concept of "the start of time". This does not exist either. Before the start of time there was time. Perhaps this universe did not exist, but something did. What was before that? and before that? and so on. The only possibility is that in some way, everything loops. the end of our universe (eg by big crunch) may spawn another one with a new big bang. This may eventually lead to our universe again being created.
You cannot argue either, that this cycle has been occuring for an infinite time, since the concept of time is materialistic and may only be relevant to this universe. So time is not real, it is governed only by the laws of this universe, therefore if this univers is not infinite, neither is time, and nor is this forum.

hmm, I wonder how many gaping (black)holes there are in my arguement?
Mon 04/12/00 at 11:01
Regular
"smile, it's free"
and then of course, there'e the possibility that it never existed in the first place, and we may be all suffering from a mass hallucination, or else the universe exists only as a figment of the imagination of some unknown entity.
But then, who are we to say what is "real" ?
Mon 04/12/00 at 03:03
Regular
There is a third option for the universe, i.e. that the amount of matter available is just enough to cause equilibrium, therefore option a) continual expansion until temperature drops to absolute zero and b) the big crunch, can be avoided. Equilibrium is good, because Gameaday could then, theoretically, last forever. Therefore in theory it has an infinite lifespan.

I'm sure Grix's possible theories include a) alternate universes which we can reach through wormholes, transmutation, spirit, etc., b) the fact that we don't really exist at all and are just imagining it and
c) various other postulations involving his brain, but I'm sure if we ask nicely he would be happy to enlighten us about these. Or maybe not.
Sun 03/12/00 at 19:15
Regular
Sun 03/12/00 at 19:02
the universe will end when they stop making mario's and sonic's.

or it could just blow up...who needs a reason why? we wont be here to see it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.