GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Datel's MegaMemory16x..anyone got it?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/10/02 at 19:26
Regular
Jus wondering if anyone had the 64mg card by Datel? If you have, is it reliable? coz when the worst comes to the worst i would rather have 1 big card then 5 or 6 littluns. Cheers.. ;jc
Sat 19/10/02 at 20:18
Regular
"hit the road jack"
16mb
Sat 19/10/02 at 19:18
Regular
$lik wrote:
> get the 251 memory card, much more reliable and cheaper at around
> £19.99
>
> slik ~_~

How many Mb is it?
Sat 19/10/02 at 18:10
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Well i sent the 'reliable' 64mb datel card back and ive ordered ninty 251.
Wed 16/10/02 at 17:01
Regular
"DS..."
get the 251 memory card, much more reliable and cheaper at around £19.99

slik ~_~
Wed 16/10/02 at 17:00
Regular
talking about going cold, one day i had my windows wide open and it was frezzing, didnt close them, no idea why. Anyway after a few minutes my GC crashed about 5 times in 15 mins. I felt the console and it was cold so i closed windows waited a minute and it was working fine... so maybe cold have got something to do with it.
being cold shrinks some things, a good few cms, so maybe it effects the electronic things too.
Tue 15/10/02 at 19:36
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
I'd got for

e. Exchange a faulty product for a new one of the same thing.

There have been reports of people with this problem on ALL GC memory cards (yes, even the official ones). If I remember correctly, one site determined it was something to do with them being too cold(?).

I'm sceptical about their 'findings' which would be bizzare if true but, more to the point, it's not a problem unique to a particular brand.
Tue 15/10/02 at 19:20
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Well.. i e-mailed datel's support address so lets see if we will get a reply.
Tue 15/10/02 at 18:51
Regular
"hit the road jack"
hmmm what shall i do...ahhh i know........ all on your keypads.....

a. Like it and Lump it
b. Send it back to Special Reserve
c. E-mail Datel's support address and be nice but do tell them the truth about the 'ultra- reliable' storge system and how it can sometimes screw up
d. E-mail Datel's support address and tell them where to stick it (but for some strange reason i think i may not get a reply, WHICH I DONT WANT)
Tue 15/10/02 at 18:28
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Yeah im sure too it said uncompressed. Anyway i got it and although it hasnt erased any game data 1/2 of the time cube doesn't recognise that theres a card in 'slot A' so i have to take it out and put it in again until it works, usually not very long but i should have to do that... its also very light for a 64mb card. hmmmmmm... strange... i think Interact also do a 64mb card and a magazine review (either nom or ngc carn't treally remember) give it 10/10. So what do i do? Send it back? Keep it. I have all my data backed up on a seperate 4mb card though so if the worse happens..... ;)jc
Sat 12/10/02 at 18:43
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
im sure it said it was uncompressed memory

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.