GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"turok"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/09/02 at 21:14
Regular
has anyone played turok on the cube yet?
if so how good is it?
Fri 27/09/02 at 23:56
Regular
The graphics aren't THAT great...
Fri 27/09/02 at 15:27
Regular
"Remember me?"
gerrid wrote:
> aTake back all your negative comments about Shemnue and Shenmue II.
> Those were my type of game. Perhaps even the best console games.
> Shenmue II was the best, interms of gameplay and graphics, but because
> it was a sequel, it didn't feel as special as the first game. YAY for
> Shenmue.

I used to hate Shenmue II (I've never played the first Shenmue game) but after giving it a chance - ie. actually sitting down and properly attempting to progress - I came to the conclusion that it's a pretty nifty game.
Fri 27/09/02 at 15:25
Regular
"bit of a brain"
aTake back all your negative comments about Shemnue and Shenmue II. Those were my type of game. Perhaps even the best console games. Shenmue II was the best, interms of gameplay and graphics, but because it was a sequel, it didn't feel as special as the first game. YAY for Shenmue.
Fri 27/09/02 at 15:14
Regular
"Remember me?"
amos wrote:
> gotta wait for metroid - gonna be amazing!

You probably said that about Turok, too. Tsk.
Fri 27/09/02 at 15:05
Regular
"Remember me?"
xBeanx wrote:
> There is a decline in there somewhere. But that's because the
> 'original' developers of the Turok series disappeared off the face of
> the planet, and in came an unknown team from Acclaim. Abit like the
> Extreme-G series, where 'Probe' shut down and so Acclaim got another
> team to do the 3rd instalment. Which showed to be inferior to the
> first two.

I'd like to know what the hell you're talking about, but I just don't. Every Turok game was developed by Acclaim Studios Austin, which used to be Iguana Entertainment (as you'll see if you play Dinosaur Hunter and Seeds of Evil). The development team may have changed its' name, but it's the same company.
Fri 27/09/02 at 15:02
Regular
There was only 'one' decant Turok game ever made, and that was Dionsaur Hunter. I don't care what any one says, but the fog in that game was a plus point. It was the first time I ever saw such an effect, and I can't remember ever thinking it got in the way. I loved the fog.

Turok Dinosaur Hunter (N64) - Overall 99% good.

Turok Seeds of Evil (N64) - 90%

Turok Oblivion (N64) - 87%

Turok Evolution (GC) - 89%

There is a decline in there somewhere. But that's because the 'original' developers of the Turok series disappeared off the face of the planet, and in came an unknown team from Acclaim. Abit like the Extreme-G series, where 'Probe' shut down and so Acclaim got another team to do the 3rd instalment. Which showed to be inferior to the first two.
Fri 27/09/02 at 14:53
Regular
"Remember me?"
Dark Mark wrote:
> I've completed Chapter 1 and am currently getting through
> the Pteranodon flying stages.

I'd like to correct myself. It's a Quetzalcoatlus, not a Pteranodon. Oh, and I'm on Chapter 3 now. :P
Fri 27/09/02 at 14:40
Regular
"Remember me?"
amos wrote:
> true dark mark.
> apparently turok 4 is pretty disappointing

See, here's what I don't get? Why are people referring to Turok Evolution as "Turok 4" when it's set BEFORE the previous games. Resident Evil Zero is set before the previous Resi games, but no one calls it "Resident Evil 4"... so technically, Turok Evolution is "Turok Zero".

Glad to get that off my chest.
Fri 27/09/02 at 14:19
Regular
"accidental superher"
Edgy wrote:

> hmm, taking reviews to heart will mean you'll miss out on quite a lot
> of brilliant quality games. After all, reviews are only based on the
> reviewer's opinions. If I were to review Shenmue 2 (again) I would
> most likely say the best part of the game is the playable old arcade
> game Outrun, the rest of the game being boring, repetative and
> extremely linear. Whereas others will turn round and argue that it's
> the best game on the Dreamcast!

yeah looking back on shenmue and shenmue 2 they weren't THAT great...but it's an experience that seems really good when going through the whole game...i think the story pushed me along....
Fri 27/09/02 at 13:15
Regular
I've cancelled Turok in favour of Timesplitters.

But a few friends of mine have Turok so I wont really be missing out...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.