GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"turok"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/09/02 at 21:14
Regular
has anyone played turok on the cube yet?
if so how good is it?
Thu 26/09/02 at 21:14
Regular
"eat me"
has anyone played turok on the cube yet?
if so how good is it?
Thu 26/09/02 at 21:28
Regular
Well, I've played it on the X-Box and it was really good. They graphics kinda shocked me, I wasn't expecting anything so good, the dinosaurs look anbd move realisticly and the multiplayer is very good...
Fri 27/09/02 at 10:21
Regular
"Remember me?"
I've been playing it on the 'Cube this morning and it's absolutely brilliant. I've completed Chapter 1 and am currently getting through the Pteranodon flying stages. The environments really are astounding and the dinosaurs look so realistic. And watch out for the wildlife, too. Today, I've already been snuck up on from behind by a Velociraptor, ripped to shreads by a pack of baboons and had some crocodiles chow down on my legs. Oh yeah, and I cheesed off some Triceratops, too. They, er... sorted me out, though. *ahem*
Fri 27/09/02 at 11:27
Regular
How does the Playstation2 version compare to the bigger boys? And is the GameCube version any better or just the same as the Xbox version?
Fri 27/09/02 at 11:40
Regular
"Remember me?"
xBeanx wrote:
> How does the Playstation2 version compare to the bigger boys? And is
> the GameCube version any better or just the same as the Xbox version?

I have to say that the PS2 version of the game had the worst controls, and the X-Box had the best. And in terms of graphics, the X-Box and Gamecube versions have got the PS2 version on the the floor and are poking it with a large pointy stick.
Fri 27/09/02 at 13:05
Regular
"NJAN"
true dark mark.
apparently turok 4 is pretty disappointing, according to practically all the reviews i read. i mean, i havent played it but im def not gettin it after the reviews.
gotta wait for metroid - gonna be amazing!
Fri 27/09/02 at 13:09
Regular
amos wrote:
> true dark mark.
> apparently turok 4 is pretty disappointing, according to practically
> all the reviews i read. i mean, i havent played it but im def not
> gettin it after the reviews.
> gotta wait for metroid - gonna be amazing!

hmm, taking reviews to heart will mean you'll miss out on quite a lot of brilliant quality games. After all, reviews are only based on the reviewer's opinions. If I were to review Shenmue 2 (again) I would most likely say the best part of the game is the playable old arcade game Outrun, the rest of the game being boring, repetative and extremely linear. Whereas others will turn round and argue that it's the best game on the Dreamcast!
Fri 27/09/02 at 13:15
Regular
I've cancelled Turok in favour of Timesplitters.

But a few friends of mine have Turok so I wont really be missing out...
Fri 27/09/02 at 14:19
Regular
"accidental superher"
Edgy wrote:

> hmm, taking reviews to heart will mean you'll miss out on quite a lot
> of brilliant quality games. After all, reviews are only based on the
> reviewer's opinions. If I were to review Shenmue 2 (again) I would
> most likely say the best part of the game is the playable old arcade
> game Outrun, the rest of the game being boring, repetative and
> extremely linear. Whereas others will turn round and argue that it's
> the best game on the Dreamcast!

yeah looking back on shenmue and shenmue 2 they weren't THAT great...but it's an experience that seems really good when going through the whole game...i think the story pushed me along....
Fri 27/09/02 at 14:40
Regular
"Remember me?"
amos wrote:
> true dark mark.
> apparently turok 4 is pretty disappointing

See, here's what I don't get? Why are people referring to Turok Evolution as "Turok 4" when it's set BEFORE the previous games. Resident Evil Zero is set before the previous Resi games, but no one calls it "Resident Evil 4"... so technically, Turok Evolution is "Turok Zero".

Glad to get that off my chest.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.