GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"THOUGHT S'IL TU PLAIS BONJOUR MERCI"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/11/05 at 19:36
Ok
Thoughts on;

AMD 3500+ (or perhaps 3700+, depends. Is it worth the extra money?)
ASrock mobo with support for both AGP and PCI-E
6800GT
1GB of 3200 RAM

I'll get good frame rates on the highest settings with this, right?
And it will last me a good while, right?
Mon 14/11/05 at 00:10
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Mate, I didn't even know there were two different kinds of cooling things.

All I know is, my laptop goes beserk with fans at times, especially on WoW.

*pats laptop*
Mon 14/11/05 at 00:15
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Y'know what. My laptop used to do some bad, bad things like slowdown for no reason, cutout if I left a Flash animation going for a while, struggle like - Joey Deacon up a slippery slope - with games. But one day I gave it an almighty blow in the fan port, and tons of dust came out - it covered my face like a massive dustshot, got in my eyes and hair and everywhere. And now it's fine. I get less stuttering on games (even thinking of turning my settings up on BF2!), Flash goes as it should, and it doesn't overheat anymore.

It just needed a good blow.
Mon 14/11/05 at 00:15
Regular
"Captain to you."
I think most people are hesitant about over clocking because no one wants to fudge up their computer.

I personally don't over clock simply because I haven’t read up on what’s safe and the sorts of settings I could go to without causing harm to my CPU.

A lot of people would play it safe and spend the extra money rather than tinker with something and constantly fear that it might melt.
Mon 14/11/05 at 00:16
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It instantly voids any warranty.

EDIT: But of course you hacker types are too cool for warranties...

EDITEZ: Mais naturellement vous des types d'intrus etes trop frais pour des garanties...
Mon 14/11/05 at 00:21
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Combien de non-sens est-ce que plus francais je peux dactylographier?
Mon 14/11/05 at 00:24
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Peut-etre je dactylographierai juste jusqu'a ce que le soleil monte et c'est un nouveau jour?
Mon 14/11/05 at 00:44
Regular
"bot"
overclocking 'voids' your warranty, except there'll be no evidence that the chip was overclocked. It's just a crap method of discouraging people from doing it.
Mon 14/11/05 at 08:33
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
So warranties were invented to discourage overclockers, eh?

(smiley face)
Mon 14/11/05 at 08:39
Memorandum! wrote:
> considering an FX-55 is over £500 I'm guessing no. The stock
> (supplied) cooler is perfectly sufficient until you want to start
> really pushing it.

So I get this Opteron 146 and OC it, but I'd not need to buy any extra cooling?
Mon 14/11/05 at 10:17
Regular
Why can't I overclock mine, I don't want a neglected PC.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.