GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'll miss you guys"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/11/05 at 12:45
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If the forums die, I'll miss all you guys and how stupid you are. There have been some good times, like way back when the GC was first coming out and we were all waiting patiently to play Rogue Squadron, or when we all first tried a DS. Without this forum I reckon I would have missed out on quite a few games over the years, Beyond Good & Evil comes to mind. What are you guyses memories?
I'll miss the anticipation, speculation and excitement about new games and hardware. I told you all it would be like a fishing rod. I promise I did. And that there would be no touch screen.
Wed 16/11/05 at 13:41
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
The actual forum itself might be staying. in fact, it will be for a short while, but only time will tell its fate.

As for SR, alas, no more. They went bankrupt.

But Freeola seem to be doing okay.
Wed 16/11/05 at 12:58
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
I have been living on an island - whats happening to the forum then?

Please tell me!
Wed 16/11/05 at 12:53
Regular
I agree it'll never be the same, but hey, these things happen, we'll just have to get on with it :(

I remember all the hypothetical posts - "What would you do if this placed was no more?"

People would claim they wouldn't be bothered, I probably even said it too. The truth is though, at the end of the day, this has probably been the finest chat forum I've ever been on. the community is one-of-a-kind.

It must be special to have kept me visiting for so long!
Wed 16/11/05 at 12:48
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It's still a good opportunity to reminisce, though. And not everyone will necessarily come back without the free games on a stick
Wed 16/11/05 at 12:47
Regular
You do realise there's a backup forum in case this places gets torn down?

[URL]http://sr.w3-realm.com/index.php[/URL]
Wed 16/11/05 at 12:45
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If the forums die, I'll miss all you guys and how stupid you are. There have been some good times, like way back when the GC was first coming out and we were all waiting patiently to play Rogue Squadron, or when we all first tried a DS. Without this forum I reckon I would have missed out on quite a few games over the years, Beyond Good & Evil comes to mind. What are you guyses memories?
I'll miss the anticipation, speculation and excitement about new games and hardware. I told you all it would be like a fishing rod. I promise I did. And that there would be no touch screen.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.