GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FIFA 09 vs PES 2009"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/07/08 at 09:52
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
I have always been a big PES and FIFA fan, up until a few years ago I would only play FIFA even though I owned the odd copy of PES or ISS as the earlier case would be. Then drink cam involved and PES become the ultimate drunken multiplayer and in my eyes the playabilty and gameplay in general overtook that of FIFA.

After playing PES 2008 and the FIFA counterpart I feel the gameplay gap has narrowed and FIFA have really upped their game with not only having superior graphics they have implemented some great ideas with the trick stock and jostling etc. PES on the other hand seriously let their fans down with frame rate issues, removing key options from the editing facility and allowing the online mode to majorly suck.

After reading numerous previews of FIFA 09 and seeing some stills I am for the first time since I was a wee nipper (like FIFA 2000 era) genuinely excited about a FIFA game being released. There is due to be a new weight, speed and strength game engine in place where if Spurs' Tom 'Brick S*&t House' Huddlestone ran into Arsenal's Theo Walcott there would only be one outcome of Theo toppling to the floor due to Huddlestones excessive strength and weight advantage and Theo's light speedy frame. This in my opinion will seriously make the game realistic and will make the game a lot more enjoyable when you can knock Cristiano Ronaldo off his feet by letting gently bumping into the dramatic portugese winger.

On the other hand I have heard rumours but nothing set in stone about PES 2009, the major rumour is that it is due to feature an indoor pitch which growing up was always my favourite feature with Fifa 96 and 97 on the meagdrive and feel that this is an option that would be welcomed back with open arms among football game players and a greatly improved editing mode which should meen that despite the licensing issue we should have a part or fully completed premier league within it.

Even though PES 6 was my favourite game of the last 3 or 4 years, I feel that Shingo 'Seabass' Takatsuka really let us down with PES2008 and think that alot of PES fans migrated over to the EA side and that FIFA09 is the more anticipated release.

Which of the 2 are you most looking forward to?
Which of the 2 will you buy?
What features have your heard about/excited about?

Discuss your opinions of the 2008 versions and express your views on the future releases.
Mon 20/10/08 at 11:42
Regular
"THFC"
I think i will wait for it to drop in price a little bit and then once i am over FIFA a bit then get that to bring a fresh new football game into my life.

I will have to wait and see, i have so many games on the list to get. Need to win the lottery i keep telling ya!

funny story actually about that.....

we do the lottery at work and as i checked it this moring, the first three numbers i read were on my ticket, then the 4th was - that was it, only £53 between 8 of us, for 4 balls (thought it would be more - but was getting excited as the first 4 out were on the ticket lol)
Mon 20/10/08 at 11:19
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
Emmie no joke get it for PS3 as the editing mode etc on XBOX 360 is awful in comparison. Once again the XBOX misses out on loads of features that the PS3 has.
Mon 20/10/08 at 11:10
Regular
"THFC"
hmmm - i think i may pick it up for my brother - i will have to see what finances are like in the coming weeks!
Mon 20/10/08 at 10:42
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
Ive got FIFA 09 on PS3 and 360 and have PES 2009 on PS3 and I must say I love both. The online side of FIFA is better but the multiplayer and editing side of PES is better.
Mon 20/10/08 at 09:00
Regular
"THFC"
Right - has anyone got PES??

I got FIFA and i love it (i never thought i would say that) but with PES now out has anyone played it or got it and had a good comparisson to FIFA??

Just thinking about getting it for my brother, as his birthday is ocming up and figured he might really enjoy it, but then i do not know if i will then not play FIFA???

Any ideas or opinions on the matter?
Fri 03/10/08 at 17:07
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
All get it on PS3. We can then have a Freeola team. Unfortunately Im not paid enough to have a 360.
Fri 03/10/08 at 16:54
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
Emmie get PS3 version. Only £29 in Tesco. £32 in Asda. Then we can get some FIFAge on!
Fri 03/10/08 at 16:17
"possibly impossible"
I'm not a big footy fan, but Fifa always seems fun to play. Even I can see the improvements in the latest version and it was far better for me than the demo of Pro Evo.

I'd get FIFA, for sure, but as I said somewhere else it's not as high on my list as others. If I see a deal or have some trade-ins then I might end up getting it.

As for what format to get it on, I'm not sure. Emmie - if online is important, just go with the format anyone else you know is getting it on.
Fri 03/10/08 at 11:50
Regular
"Opposable thumbs"
It was only a few years ago when EA were just churning out the same FIFA game with the odd update, with PES being the far better game......but the most recent releases are a huge reversal - PES is now starting to copy and paste their games, with FIFA actually being the better one this time.
Fri 03/10/08 at 11:09
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
I got FIFA this morning at 00.01am and played it online straight away. There was no lag and it had an update straight away for the Adidas live season to make the players stats more accurate.

The game played very smooth and they have bought back the option to vary the game speed.

I must say it is a great improvement from the demo and even more some from last years game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.