GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gaming, but for the older"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/09/06 at 16:05
Regular
""none""
Gaming is a stereo type, when you think of gamers you think kids and teens. But they are not the only ones who play in this modern age, it’s the 21st Century and all age groups happen to play! This article explains how Sony ruined the gaming industry for older gamers, and Nintendo brought back appealing games for the older.

The old times

I remember back in the old days my parents always played Mario with me. They loved gaming as much as I did. But that was only until games started getting a little bit complex and less interesting for the older gamers.

Games started to have less appeal to them; it was Sony who I personally think created the younger gamer stereo type. Games like Grand Theft Auto, Saint Rows and all the other thug games.

Old people like calm and pleasant games, at there age they dislike all the violence; they tend to want to relax than trying to get a grasp of complicated story lines, that are un-realistic and make no sense. I don't blame them at all; they take games wrongly these days...

The Modern age

Nintendo have thankfully brought the older games back! They have a wide variety of games appealing to all age group of gamers, which even your grand parents can now love!

Games like Brain Age, Mario and even Nintendogs! They always rescue us from the old age. The upcoming WII console is going to be a hit with old people! With games that have a lot more appeal, like the fishing game for instance.

Nintendo's WII controller is more layed out and more inviting to parents and grandparents. With PS2’s and Xbox’s in-inviting controls, parents don't even want to think about playing.

Thank you Nintendo! You have broken through the obsolete stereo type!
Fri 15/09/06 at 18:33
Regular
""none""
Bump, for more discussion. Or is the topic dead??
Mon 11/09/06 at 19:50
Regular
""none""
pb wrote:
> Nope, you'll have to shout ;)
>
> Well, I agree. But perhaps Ninja could define 'older'
> (especially as it makes no grammatical sense) What age group
> were you referring to?

The older parents (over 25), and grand parents too. Nintendo have recently also done an event for the best grandparent gamer! AWSOME. Some I'm saying theres nothing that Sony have made, to appeal to there age group...
Mon 11/09/06 at 18:56
Regular
Poor little Alfonse :( but it was worth it right?
Mon 11/09/06 at 18:55
Regular
You're lucky I'm not a mod in this forum Kawada, ooo it would be so tempting to click that "barred" button >:D

Hmm that smilies' doesnt look evil enough. :S
Mon 11/09/06 at 18:53
Regular
I had to travel to Edmonton just to get a 10 minute go on Sonic.
Mon 11/09/06 at 18:53
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
and probably had to share the same bit of underwear between you eh? :-D
Mon 11/09/06 at 18:51
Regular
blimey all I got from my grandparents was a bacon sandwich :( I wish I was a rich boy like you Kawada. You said you had a Megadrive and a SNES? In my family I had to share my megadrive with my two brothers.
Mon 11/09/06 at 18:49
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Nope, tis what my grandmother did :-D
Mon 11/09/06 at 18:46
Regular
Is that what your parents use/still do Kawada :)
Mon 11/09/06 at 18:06
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Or moan to their parents enough until they finally give in and get it them to shut them up and save them the hassle of raising them and looking after them, great babysitting tool a video game console is

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.