GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"and the flip-side..."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/09/06 at 12:26
Regular
"8==="
Four people I know on Live have had their 360's die on them and two of them have had their replacements die on them too.

These are all launch machines and have lasted between 3 and 6 months.

One of them also claims to know someone who's been through 4 360's since launch!

Anyone know of anyone who's 360 has died on them? How many months did it work for and how's their replacement machine doing?

My 360's up for it's 3 month anniversary (meh, what would you call it? :D) but thankfully I waited past launch and got one around June-time. :S

Hopefully I've escaped the launch-curse I thought I'd be avoiding.
Thu 28/09/06 at 17:48
Regular
Sibs wrote:
> And after completing one of the chapters it pretended it was the
> end of the game and showed a little pack shot of the 'sequel'...
> At that point I was really like "is that it...?!?".
>
> Luckily that was only about a third of the way through the game.
> Yer, some of the insanity effects were very interesting, most
> lost the effect on the second/third/etc. time though. They
> needed more of them in the game really to keep everything fresh.
> Still a good game.

Hehe, I hope we do get a sequel.

When you're in the mindset of expecting head-f***s, it kind of defeats the point. But the subtle ones aimed at you, set against the backdrop of ones affecting alex(?) managed to catch you off-guard sometimes.

Maybe they should put them in random games, just to keep that surprise factor :^)
Wed 27/09/06 at 07:40
Regular
*goes to look for Eternal Darkness on eBay*
Tue 26/09/06 at 13:45
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
And after completing one of the chapters it pretended it was the end of the game and showed a little pack shot of the 'sequel'... At that point I was really like "is that it...?!?".

Luckily that was only about a third of the way through the game. Yer, some of the insanity effects were very interesting, most lost the effect on the second/third/etc. time though. They needed more of them in the game really to keep everything fresh. Still a good game.
Tue 26/09/06 at 03:20
Regular
"It's alright Cooky, you just have to open the cube's case up and drain the graphics card..."

The 'insanity effects' weren't meant to be scary as such, just to be head-f***s. And some of them worked very well.

There was one old-pc-style 'blue screen of death' that got me.

The first time I saw the moth-simulator I was playing in the dark (completely dark except the light from the TV), and I wasn't sure at first. Then when a couple more 'crawled' onto the screen I realised, but looking at all the silhouettes was still creepy.

When a gradual build-up of zombies limped into screen, and you'd be hopelessly surrounded by them before realising what was going on, that worked well too.
Sun 24/09/06 at 16:50
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
heh that'd make quite the post on a forum

*Right, so .. ermm...just playing Eternal Darkness and ...ermmm... well my walls have started bleeding....help!!!*
Sun 24/09/06 at 16:46
Regular
That sounds terrifying....
Sun 24/09/06 at 16:03
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
For the record, Eternal Darkness played tricks on the player. In the middle of the game, the Nintendo gameCube Start-up screen might come up, and then flash back to the game. Walls would bleed and the Tv would go fuzzy.

People through there was a fault with the game, and after thinking so, they're not too embarassed to complain of a fault on a GameCube game again incase they make the same, embarassing mistake.

See?
Sat 23/09/06 at 04:58
Regular
When you're on form, you're really on form :^|
Fri 22/09/06 at 11:45
Regular
My launch machine hasn't had a single problem yet - but that's because I don't stuff it in a crappy hole with no ventilation.
Wed 13/09/06 at 16:11
"possibly impossible"
It didn't make sense (to me)

I thought it might be a stab at humour, but maybe you murdered the joke or I made a killer mistake in reading it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.