GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"don't buy lord of the rings on dvd or video"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/08/02 at 22:47
Regular
According to a friendly internet rumour there is going to be a new version released towards the end of the year which has over 30 minutes additional uncut footage in it. Just a rumour which i heard might not be true but id recommend checking it out before buying.
Tue 06/08/02 at 22:47
Regular
According to a friendly internet rumour there is going to be a new version released towards the end of the year which has over 30 minutes additional uncut footage in it. Just a rumour which i heard might not be true but id recommend checking it out before buying.
Tue 06/08/02 at 23:25
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
It's not a rumour, 4 disc collectors box set, due for release on the 4th November.

Includes 30 mins extended version.

Discs 3 & 4 contain six hours of additional features.

Above info taken from play.com

I did hear a rumour that there was to be a 5 disc box set released just before The Two Towers is released in December so keep your eye out for that one instead.....well that's what I'm doing anyway :-)
Tue 06/08/02 at 23:25
Regular
Duh
Tue 06/08/02 at 23:31
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Mystique wrote:
> Duh

Was that aimed at me or him?
Tue 06/08/02 at 23:32
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Yeah but its twice as expensive.
Tue 06/08/02 at 23:38
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
cookie monster wrote:
> Yeah but its twice as expensive.

So four discs instead of two and you want it to be how much?

I really don't see what the problem with being twice as expensive as the first one that's been released, plus the fact that the makers are just cashing in on the whole thing so dont moan.

Ashley was merely pointing out that there is another release due out soon, well he said rumour but it's due out. Anyway, who cares....I know which one I'm getting and for £33 I'm not complaining :-)
Wed 07/08/02 at 01:01
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The trouble is I've waited all year for the film to be released on DVD; I'm not about to wait a further 3 months to get an extended version. If it's good enough though, I might get that one as well.
Wed 07/08/02 at 01:05
Regular
yep i don't intend to buy either version but i just wanted to make sure others didn't waste their money and then they could look up the facts themselves.
Wed 07/08/02 at 01:25
Regular
30 additional minutes?

The flippin film is long enough as it is...
Wed 07/08/02 at 07:20
Regular
Yes, but fans don't care, we want the whole book faithfully represented.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.