GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Realistic Fighting Games?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/11/00 at 21:31
Regular
Fighting games have got to be my all time favorite genre of games, When ever I play on my mates Playstaion I always play Tekken3 or Wu-Tang:Taste The Pain, all fighting games have this attraction which makes all friends come closer together, whether you only have a couple of games against a friend or if you have a tournament against a few friends at the same time it still has the same excitment not found in many other types of games.
It seems that all fighting games that have been released have this unrealistic sense to them, most of the characters can shoot balls of fire or spin around in circles at the speed of light, this is all very good but I would love to see a fighting game like blood sports, where kickboxers, karate masters and other kinds of martial arts experts get together for an all out battle, they don't have to kill each other, it would make it better if you could 'accidently' break their arm while having them in a lock.
This game would be like 'Knockout Kings 2000' but with martial arts, you could train against Bruce Lee instead of Mahammed Ali and move around different stadiums placed around the globe, and everyone you meet is fighting for a certain 'world title martial arts belt!
Wed 15/11/00 at 21:31
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Fighting games have got to be my all time favorite genre of games, When ever I play on my mates Playstaion I always play Tekken3 or Wu-Tang:Taste The Pain, all fighting games have this attraction which makes all friends come closer together, whether you only have a couple of games against a friend or if you have a tournament against a few friends at the same time it still has the same excitment not found in many other types of games.
It seems that all fighting games that have been released have this unrealistic sense to them, most of the characters can shoot balls of fire or spin around in circles at the speed of light, this is all very good but I would love to see a fighting game like blood sports, where kickboxers, karate masters and other kinds of martial arts experts get together for an all out battle, they don't have to kill each other, it would make it better if you could 'accidently' break their arm while having them in a lock.
This game would be like 'Knockout Kings 2000' but with martial arts, you could train against Bruce Lee instead of Mahammed Ali and move around different stadiums placed around the globe, and everyone you meet is fighting for a certain 'world title martial arts belt!
Wed 15/11/00 at 21:33
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
it would also be an RPG so you could wonder around the world earning enough money to enter fights and pay for martial arts lessons, the final training would be held in your countries best(most famous gym) e.g. if you were a chinese man/woman you would be taught by monks in the shaolin temple. If you were russian you would go to their gym. etc.etc.
Wed 15/11/00 at 21:43
Regular
This should be in the game ideas forum! Oh well now where's everyone now!
Wed 15/11/00 at 21:45
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
oh yeah, I swear i'm getting blonder by the day.
Wed 15/11/00 at 21:46
Regular
Will anyone please come!
Wed 15/11/00 at 21:57
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I have another brilliant idea for a game, but as you don't wnt to hear it, I won't tell it to ya.
Wed 15/11/00 at 22:00
Regular
I feel like burtsting out with something! here we go......oh oh ah ah ah ah!
Wed 15/11/00 at 22:04
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
do you feel better for that? I hope so, ok i have to go now, nothing to do tommorrow as I have the day off, oh and I have friday off aswell, just aswell as my beutiful car failed it's MOT today, needs some new suspensions new brakes, the list was almt endless, and thats before I fit the new locks on the doors/boot/bonnet/wheels/petrol cap. my advice, no matter what, never ever buy a mini(car).
Wed 15/11/00 at 22:20
Regular
"Whatever!"
I have been into beat em ups for as long as I can remember. I just love the Street Fighter series, ever since owning SFII on the SNES. It is a shame that in this day and age though with games running in full 3-D and real time, that I am still spending most my time playing old fashioned 2-D games. But Ive said it before and I'll say it again - You cant beat them for playability.
Have been through a whole load of fighting games in my time. Double Dragon on the Master System was one of my all time favourites, then came Streets of Rage 1,2 which for some reason I couldnt get into. Mortal Kombat was a game that I wasted about hundred quid on down the arcades, it was excellent for its day but could never eclipse SF.
I had quite a few for my Amiga, anyone remember Body Blows? That was actually quite good. But what happened to the ill fated Rise of the Robots?
Now it is great to see beat em ups still going strong. Im a bit addicted to Soul Calibur and Dead or Alive 2 at the moment which have to be up there with the best. After winning gameaday will soon claim Super Smash Brothers which after reading a ton of reviews have decided it sounds like a class title after all. Ready 2 Rumble is alright but gets a bit boring after a while.
The future is looking better each day. Cant wait till I get my PS2 and Tekken Tag. I had Tekken 1,2 but have never played the third, but they are suppose to be very similar so looking forward to that. The Bouncer looks like being one amazing title as well. Hopefully going back to the Double Dragon style of gameplay. And have on order Ultimate Fighting Championship which could be the best fighter of all time. The realism, the ammount of moves and combos - WOW!! What a game, should be the greatest.
Wed 15/11/00 at 22:57
Rise of the Robots? I had that on my Amiga CD32. Utter crud it was, too. I know it was either far too easy, or far too hard - but I can't remember which! Such a memorable game...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.