GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The OFFICIAL TOCA Race Driver post."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/08/02 at 10:49
Regular
I know you love my OFFICIAL posts. So here is my most anticipated game ever! Woooo!

PSW Review-

Good points-

Tons of great cars
Tons of great tracks
Highly entertaining racing
Many hours entertainment
Superb crashes and damage
Fast, detailed, and smooth graphics
Great sound
Huge lifespan

Bad points-

Graphics sometimes unattractive
Trracks not tottaly precise.

PSW- 9/10
Tue 20/08/02 at 15:19
Regular
"A man with a stick"
It's out this Friday, a day I can't for since I cliamed the game as my GAD. I think it's going to be great game, codemasters have a good reputation with the other Toca and colin McRae racing titles, so I expect this one will be as good as the previos versions as well. Should keep me occupied this weekend anyway.
Tue 20/08/02 at 13:52
Toca race driver looks like an awesome driving game,can't wait till it comes out.
Tue 20/08/02 at 11:33
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Just got paid and preordered my copy of TOCA, hopefully it will turn up Thurs !?!

www.ps2racing.tk
Mon 19/08/02 at 22:19
Regular
"Hmmm....."
I could have got the PAL version of TOCA just then on a copied disk but I opted for Stuntman instead.

TOCA is just gonna be another driving game but with that car damage thing.

Hoho, Stuntman here I come.

:D
Mon 19/08/02 at 14:35
i was one of the few people that didnt even play a toca game on the ps1. however one ps1 magazine i got had a playable demo of world touring cars which was supposedly the best toca, which i dug out yesterday to see what it played like. the handling felt a bit rubbish however compared to, say, any of the gran turismos. there was never any need to brake or when u did brake, it stopped the car almost unrealistically fast. i know the one i played was a demo, of a previous game, but usually sequls have similar handling. does anyone know if Race Driver will be like this?
Sun 18/08/02 at 20:18
"High polygon count"
Have to say I wasn't really impressed with the demo. Just didn't 'feel' right. In fact the driving physics seem worse than the original TOCA game. I liked the idea of the story aspect, but after playing the demo I'm not sure I can really be bothered with it.

There was also noticable slow-down when you had the rest of the cars on-screen, and the graphics are detailed but 'dirty'. Maybe I've been spoiled more than I realised by GT3.

This may be a bit of a shock, but *if* I bother with this game, I'll probably wait and see if the Xbox version fares any better - when it eventually arrives.
Sat 17/08/02 at 16:41
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I watched the TOCA highlights on ITV today to get me in the spirit - sad or what !
Sat 17/08/02 at 00:47
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
ok just played the demo of toca from opsm2 and i'd like to know what game CVG were playing when tehy said TOCA had unresponsive controls. I'd hate to see what their idea of responsive is because those controls are pretty damn responsive on TOCA. hold the right button and you soon swerve off the track. You've got to be very delicate with your steering but i guess that's what it like while driving a race car.
It's pretty cool how teh damage stays on the track even though i spun on a bumper and it cost me the race but that's ok.
shame there's no flag system or qualifying but their minor details but the story mode of what i've seen so far is really good and the acting is pretty darn good and nowhere near the god awful standard of resident evil thank god
Fri 16/08/02 at 10:15
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
hmmm looking through some mags today and CVG gave it 79% and OPSM2 gave it 8 complaining of poor fiddly handling. Said the story mode is awesome though and the difficulty level is quite high which is good
Fri 16/08/02 at 09:40
Regular
"  "
Mandatare wrote:
> I played the demo earlier on and to be honest, i didn't really like
> it.
> The options you had available to you were good but it was when i was
> driving that let me down.
> The turning was poor on the car, althought that could just be the car,
> and there was no excitement in the racing.
> I don't think i will get this now.

Mwhaahha. Young, mis-guided fool. (Wait, your older than me) Anyway, try switching the SIM Handling code on in bonus options, the handling becomes alot more realistic rather than simplistic. Also bear-in-mind that this is only an 80% complete game and the finished version boasts better visuals and improved handling. Anyway its up to you.

And what are SR on about? Ryan McKane isn't Scottish :D

I can just imagine it.

Bobby: 'Ryan.
Ryan: Och aye, nice to be meeting you.
Bobby: I hear your after a drive.
Ryan: Aye thats right laddy.
Bobby: I'll give you a test drive:
Ryan: A wee test drive?!?! OCH! What d'ya think I am? I have had 5 years experiance laddy. Get your wee facts right!

Or something like that :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.