GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Lord of the Rings DVD arrived today!! :)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/07/02 at 11:33
Regular
Yay, my region 1 copy of Lord of the Rings arrived on my doorstep today courtesy of Play.com!!
And it's not even officially due out for a week or so :)
Mon 29/07/02 at 11:33
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Yay, my region 1 copy of Lord of the Rings arrived on my doorstep today courtesy of Play.com!!
And it's not even officially due out for a week or so :)
Mon 29/07/02 at 11:44
Regular
Ah, Play love doing that. I got Withnail and I a week early from them, and I'm hoping they'll do the same with my pre-ordered copies of Blade 2 and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

SR also gave me Rush Hour 2 about 5 days early. I was smug. Now go and watch LotR, but why the hell did you order R1?
Mon 29/07/02 at 11:46
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Got my LOTR on Friday. Watched half of it Saturday and enjoyed it more than I did when I went to see it on the big-screen.
Mon 29/07/02 at 11:49
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Stryke wrote:
>but why the hell did you order R1?

I think it was cheaper (i'm a real stickler for that), plus my PC plays reg1 dvds.
Mon 29/07/02 at 14:15
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Damn, I pre-ordered the Reg 2 DVD of LOTR because I thought both american and european versions would be released at the same time. Oh well, still only a week to go, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed Play are kind enough to send me my copy before the weekend, so I can watch it this saturday.
Mon 29/07/02 at 14:54
Regular
"That's right!"
My DVD player isn't multi-regional, so I'm stuck with R2 (later release dates, not as many features etc etc)

Grr
Mon 29/07/02 at 16:05
Regular
Mojo, what DVD player have you got?
Mon 29/07/02 at 16:07
Regular
"That's right!"
Well, you asked me on MSN before I read your post. So you know

On a related note, I'll be ordering LOTR soon
Mon 29/07/02 at 19:40
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
The only time Play ever sent me anything early was Rush Hour 2. And I think that's just because it was Christmas. I've ordered about 50 things off them and they've only sent me one thing early!! Well, an early LotR will make up for it!
Mon 29/07/02 at 20:31
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
I got my Region 1 LOTR DVD this morning also, from the same place.
I have a Multi-Region DVD so it doesn't annoy me in the slightest, and I got the thing cheaper than RRP, plus I get it earlier than the rest of the world, yay for me.
BTW Most DVD's (95%)can be configured (Like mine) to play all region discs all from a simple remote control code! Easy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.