GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Conflict : Desert Storm"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/07/02 at 20:54
Regular
I have wanted this game since january and this has been my most wanted game since then (i wanted it more then Metal Gear Solid 2) and this game is going to be amazing.

Basically you take control of either four American Delta force people or four British SAS soldiers, the missions stay the same but the combat gear and the accents change.

You start off as a single soldier but your first mission involves rescuing a prisoner from the iraqi guards, this prisoner is infact the top sniper rifle guy so then he joins your quest and you have two people, eventually you will have four people in your squad and they can look after themselves.

They are gonna be the most realistic AI ever and they will protect you if you decide to go in alone (apparantly) they decide which gun they want to use in certain situations and they can think like real soldiers, one example that i have read about is that if there is a group of soldiers and you hide and decide to attack one of the other characters controlled by the computer will throw a grenade at them without you telling them to, they wont however throw the grenade at just one person because it would be a waste.

The four characters are meant to be really easy to control by just using the D - Pad to switch between the characters so you dont need to bother with any of them map thingys that the PC stratedgy games bother with.

Each character has a special role assigned to him, they are, rifleman,technician, heavy weapons man and leader. The others can do all the same jobs but the person who is aquired to do the job does it best.

Your characters build up experience points and that is why it is invaluable to not lose a character you have had for say 5 levels because he would have been an expert at shooting and keeping cool etc, but when he does get really badly injured you have 3 minutes exactly to get to him or he dies and a rookie comes in who cant shoot properly etc.

One good thing that looks good is the fact that you can get a target locked in like a tank and then you can call an air strike and watch as the F-16s fly in and blow up the target.

You can ambush people by skillfully setting your troops up and then giving them the order of "attack".
Talking of Orders there are a few, to be activated all you need to do is press L1 and then either triangle, circle or X and that will make them either, "stay back and cover you" "charge" or "follow me".

Conflict desert storm supports mulitplayer but its only two player which im happy with, you can ambush your mates etc.
Tue 10/09/02 at 20:15
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
KR wrote:
> three days to go, i cannot wait for this game now. will get it friday
> night probably.

My bank acount was debited today, does that mean game will come tomorrow!!

(I wish)
Tue 10/09/02 at 18:33
Regular
three days to go, i cannot wait for this game now. will get it friday night probably.
Sun 08/09/02 at 19:22
Regular
I might get Conflict.

The demo was fun, although I'm sure Foley wasn't happy about me moving him next to the barrels and shooting them :-)
Sun 08/09/02 at 19:20
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
I would feel well and truly fed up if the game came AFTER it was released, because you could be playing it if you bought it in a shop and your cash has already been taken.

if it came on monday after, i'd be livid!!

and wouldn't buy from SR again.
Sun 08/09/02 at 19:19
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Sorry, meant to add other people on here seem to mention getting some preordered games early,

~~Belldandy~~
Sun 08/09/02 at 19:12
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Sometimes, I've only ever preordered two games - Resident Evil Code Veronica, which came on the Saturday....and Thunderhawk Firestorm which came on the Monday....after the Friday release, I guess the post is somewhat poor where I am, what with it being a town of 30 000 odd people and a sorting office about 1000 metres away :(

~~Belldandy~~
Sun 08/09/02 at 18:05
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
KR wrote:
> i wonder if it comes in on wednesday

this first time i have pre ordered from SR, do they often send out games before the release date?
Sun 08/09/02 at 17:03
Regular
i wonder if it comes in on wednesday
Sun 08/09/02 at 17:02
Regular
yeh you can go through the missions in two player mode aswell, 5 days to go!
Sat 07/09/02 at 00:24
Regular
"WWJD"
I think im gonna get the game just for the 2 playing ability ive been waiting for a game like this that i can play with my mate there was some older games that you could do it but that was a while ago

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.