GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It's Not That Far Away"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/11/00 at 22:14
Regular
The gaming future???? People may say the Dreamcast, others the Playstation 2 and there are some that would tell you a new contender may step in, be it X-box or Game Cube. In my opinion it really doesn't matter. You see the DC and PS2 are gonna rule the market with the x-box and Game Cube coming around the corner, but have you ever thought that one day the gaming industry will hit a wall, where they can no longer improve existing consoles because they have reached the limit. I was thinking what this might be like and visualised myself playing on my new playststion 4 on Fifa 2020 with Andy Gray actually commentating in time with the game. The roar of fans change when you enter the six yard box, the players actually look exactly like their real life counter parts and every player runs, kicks heads and even applauds a pass in a different way. I see the players running, but some with the ball close to their feet (Steve McManaman style) in crowded areas, other times knocking the ball and sprinting after it to get past that defender on the wing. I see Owen twisting and turning past defenders and Beckham actually watching his cross drop at the feet of Mr. Yorke, instead of hitting and running forward. Kanu looking like he's about to loose the ball and then using his skill to beat the defender. Have you ever thought what it would be like to have the keeper save a shot hold up his hand telling his defence to advance and kick the ball to the awaiting midfielder who controls it while moving, before lofting a through ball (and watching it after he strikes it) to the forward who unleashes a curving shot that hits the side netting resulting in his head in his hands and then looking at the midfielder and applauding the cross??? I know I have.

But there is not just football in our future, what about other genres like RPGs??? Imagine VR headsets (or even goggles) that link to your console and allow you to step into the street of FF17. You can see for miles and the detail is movie quality. As you walk past shops and houses you can look inside and see what's going on. RPG's will become a game YOU are in.

Anyway this is my dream that hopefully gaming will blur the line between reality and virtual reality and then we will have the ultimate gaming experience!
Sat 11/11/00 at 16:39
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Who will be the first to get the treble?
there are a few now that have got a second game, i didn't think it was possible, but when Edgy got his second I decided to write more, and I won! what a day, oh well, bye bye.
Sat 11/11/00 at 14:59
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
All these talks about trebles and i've yet to win once ! :-( Bah ! I have Doom so nya ! Jealous !? Well !? Ok i'll just go back to my stupid game and shut up on this one ;-p
Sat 11/11/00 at 12:49
Regular
"I like cheese"
Considering you've been a good friend, I may let you win 3 times. I'll think about it Damo...
Sat 11/11/00 at 12:49
Regular
"I like cheese"
You sure are allowd to win more than once, I've won twice and I'm trying to win a third time.
Sat 11/11/00 at 11:03
Ant, you dont want to win for a third time do you? Come on, let me have that honour first!!!
Fri 10/11/00 at 23:42
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Football game wise, i'd love to see a game where you control just 1 player :-) Like, start off by choosing from a variety of different hair colours, styles, etc.
Then choose a position you'd like him to play in and start with a lowly club :-)
Instead of controling a whole team and stuff though, you control just this one player on the pitch. As you go through the game, bigger clubs could make you offers to play for them.

Once you have your position to play in you could practise things like corners, free kicks and penalties so that you become your clubs 1st choice for the go ahead to taking these set pieces :-)

Contracts and free transfers could be included too with the player negotiating wages with clubs. Maybe a player could decide their footballers nationality too so that as you work your way through, you get the chance for a national team call up :-)

This kind of game could also have an online capability with online gaming improving all the time. A player could go online with friends or other players they have met through networks and create teams, all with their own part to play in the game. Once you have enough players together you could decide on a name for the team you have all put together.

It'd make an interesting multiplayer because rather than just looking at your own performance, you'll really need to work as a team to win, making space to recieve passes and covering other players backs as they go forward.
Imagine how cool it would be when you finally have a good team together all with their certain practised abilities !
Hey, never know, maybe us lot could make a Special Reserve Forum team ;-))
SRF FC ;-p
Fri 10/11/00 at 20:55
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
You can winalot at gameaday. Prizes go to the best entry on UKdiscussions, UKreviews or UKcheats on the day.
Fri 10/11/00 at 20:36
Ant haven't you won already?? If so are you allowed to win more than once???
Fri 10/11/00 at 20:35
Hey guys your worried about me winning and then running away?? Well the first thing that attracted me and my brother (Eggman) was the free game giveaway, but now after we read and wrote articles its kinda cool to listen to peoples ideas and visions of the future so we'll probably stay around until our Dad sees the bill and we get in trouble!
Fri 10/11/00 at 19:02
Regular
"I like cheese"
You are correct Tony, us brillaint, superb, excellent regulars with great personalities want to know whether this guy won't win and go. Well, I mean, he can win, but not leave straight afterwards. BUT I WANT TO WIN!!!
{:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.