GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It's Not That Far Away"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/11/00 at 22:14
Regular
The gaming future???? People may say the Dreamcast, others the Playstation 2 and there are some that would tell you a new contender may step in, be it X-box or Game Cube. In my opinion it really doesn't matter. You see the DC and PS2 are gonna rule the market with the x-box and Game Cube coming around the corner, but have you ever thought that one day the gaming industry will hit a wall, where they can no longer improve existing consoles because they have reached the limit. I was thinking what this might be like and visualised myself playing on my new playststion 4 on Fifa 2020 with Andy Gray actually commentating in time with the game. The roar of fans change when you enter the six yard box, the players actually look exactly like their real life counter parts and every player runs, kicks heads and even applauds a pass in a different way. I see the players running, but some with the ball close to their feet (Steve McManaman style) in crowded areas, other times knocking the ball and sprinting after it to get past that defender on the wing. I see Owen twisting and turning past defenders and Beckham actually watching his cross drop at the feet of Mr. Yorke, instead of hitting and running forward. Kanu looking like he's about to loose the ball and then using his skill to beat the defender. Have you ever thought what it would be like to have the keeper save a shot hold up his hand telling his defence to advance and kick the ball to the awaiting midfielder who controls it while moving, before lofting a through ball (and watching it after he strikes it) to the forward who unleashes a curving shot that hits the side netting resulting in his head in his hands and then looking at the midfielder and applauding the cross??? I know I have.

But there is not just football in our future, what about other genres like RPGs??? Imagine VR headsets (or even goggles) that link to your console and allow you to step into the street of FF17. You can see for miles and the detail is movie quality. As you walk past shops and houses you can look inside and see what's going on. RPG's will become a game YOU are in.

Anyway this is my dream that hopefully gaming will blur the line between reality and virtual reality and then we will have the ultimate gaming experience!
Thu 09/11/00 at 22:14
The gaming future???? People may say the Dreamcast, others the Playstation 2 and there are some that would tell you a new contender may step in, be it X-box or Game Cube. In my opinion it really doesn't matter. You see the DC and PS2 are gonna rule the market with the x-box and Game Cube coming around the corner, but have you ever thought that one day the gaming industry will hit a wall, where they can no longer improve existing consoles because they have reached the limit. I was thinking what this might be like and visualised myself playing on my new playststion 4 on Fifa 2020 with Andy Gray actually commentating in time with the game. The roar of fans change when you enter the six yard box, the players actually look exactly like their real life counter parts and every player runs, kicks heads and even applauds a pass in a different way. I see the players running, but some with the ball close to their feet (Steve McManaman style) in crowded areas, other times knocking the ball and sprinting after it to get past that defender on the wing. I see Owen twisting and turning past defenders and Beckham actually watching his cross drop at the feet of Mr. Yorke, instead of hitting and running forward. Kanu looking like he's about to loose the ball and then using his skill to beat the defender. Have you ever thought what it would be like to have the keeper save a shot hold up his hand telling his defence to advance and kick the ball to the awaiting midfielder who controls it while moving, before lofting a through ball (and watching it after he strikes it) to the forward who unleashes a curving shot that hits the side netting resulting in his head in his hands and then looking at the midfielder and applauding the cross??? I know I have.

But there is not just football in our future, what about other genres like RPGs??? Imagine VR headsets (or even goggles) that link to your console and allow you to step into the street of FF17. You can see for miles and the detail is movie quality. As you walk past shops and houses you can look inside and see what's going on. RPG's will become a game YOU are in.

Anyway this is my dream that hopefully gaming will blur the line between reality and virtual reality and then we will have the ultimate gaming experience!
Thu 09/11/00 at 22:16
Regular
Actually, this isn't that bad at all. I managed to read all of this, and it's pretty good.

Rather passionate about football. :)
Thu 09/11/00 at 22:16
Regular
You're not new here by any chance?
Thu 09/11/00 at 22:19
Regular
:)
Thu 09/11/00 at 22:24
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Scouse - they want to know if you are here to stay or if you are just here for gameaday
Thu 09/11/00 at 22:33
Regular
Scouse you sound new to the game world.
Look, now if you think it will come to a stop and those Fifa 3000 whatever games come out you musn't be looking forward to the future.
They will never bring out those games all the time you see. Mario Clones, Final Fantasy type games and Goldeneye shooters, whatever characters they have different characters or the same old people, you will buy it, i can bet a hundred on that.

It will not hit any wall in the future, there will be all kinds of different games, like the animal forest game made by Shigeru Miyamoto, now has anyone made a game everyone interacts with each other.
If him and the other developers think we will get these kind of games, well not this kind of genre but something different.
So please, listen and look forward!
Thu 09/11/00 at 22:46
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
maybe when they do hit the wall, they will think of, going out side and playing it for real, sounds strange I know, this could be the new thing to do, get some mates and a football and kick it around a field, they might even make huge stadiums and football legues with over paid footballers to play in, then take all our money for season tickets and shirts. What a crazy idea, don't know where that came from. Theres always room for improvment, nothing can stop evolution, they will have every stadium on one disc with all players which get signed to new teams like in real time, maybe like an upgrade, everything wil lbe internet then, you can download all the new signings, good idea? or do you like changing the players yourself?
Thu 09/11/00 at 22:50
Regular
I would like to internet play where, everyone is there, right on the screen, from their you can negotiate bids for players, or evryting else like club merging, or a part excahnge agreement.
Thu 09/11/00 at 23:02
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
you could swap with other people on the net aswell, like your friends, don't know how it would work, but there must be a way.
Fri 10/11/00 at 19:02
Regular
"I like cheese"
You are correct Tony, us brillaint, superb, excellent regulars with great personalities want to know whether this guy won't win and go. Well, I mean, he can win, but not leave straight afterwards. BUT I WANT TO WIN!!!
{:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.