GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA : vice city"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/06/02 at 18:20
Regular
This place is empty so im just gonna put down what i know about GTA ; vice city so far.

IT wont be a proper sequel to GTA3 but not a little add on that was expected. this is not GTA4 but more like the PCs version of GTA: London that came out a while ago.

IT is scheduled for a release on the 22nd of October, which for many of you will probably be the greatest friday ever seeing a a little known football game called Pro Evo 2 comes out that day aswell.

Many old faces are expected to show up with the likes of Donald Love and Ray the bent cop returning, maybe it is time that Darkel made an appearance seeing as the developers cut him out at the last minute. THe main character will hopefully stay the same or else it would seem pointless to change the character, maybe this time he will be able to talk and actually have a name.

The Game is set in the 80's so dont go expecting any laser guns or brand new machine guns. The cars are more then likely going to be convertibles and some top quality nice ones.

And probably for some of you the main high point will be the inclusion of motorbikes, well when you look at the box there is a picture of a bike that looks cool.

I hope you will be able to do more "Group" missions because in all honesty i found that the missions you did where YOU alone had to go and kill around 30 people a bit like james bond games which i also find boring, so what i want is more of the "bank robbery" missions where you and about four other people go and do a mission which i thought was really cool.

I wouldnt mind having either two or three people with you all the time anyways because thats the sort of thing i like to do, go round killing with a few friends i.e Final Fantasy X

well i just hope the game comes out soon, and hopefully it will be as long as GTA3
Sun 08/09/02 at 19:44
Regular
"A man with a stick"
This post was origanally written in June, when there wasn't a great deal of info or screenshots of Vice City, hence why KR's post seems a under informative.

Anyway, it's looking extremely good from what I'm seeing and reading, I can't wait to get my hands on the game. I am a bit miffed at it's delay, but maybe that's because Rockstar want to add a little bit more before it's release, and I won't complain with that.

Besides, if it's not delayed, the getaway should be out in October and that'll keep me occupied until Vice City's release.
Sun 08/09/02 at 17:59
Regular
Ok, to start off with, im not being rude and trying to p-off KR. I just thought that people new to the topic would understand it more if i updated the first post.

KR wrote:
> IT wont be a proper sequel to GTA3 but not a little add on that was
> expected. this is not GTA4 but more like the PCs version of GTA:
> London that came out a while ago.

This is almost right but GTA London was pants for one reason, there were few missions and took about a day to complete. GTA: Vice City is a complete game on its own. It has double the amount of missions that GTA3 had and the missions will be far more in-depth.

> IT is scheduled for a release on the 22nd of October, which for many
> of you will probably be the greatest friday ever seeing a a little
> known football game called Pro Evo 2 comes out that day aswell.

You got this right, until a few days ago when Rockstar told the world that it will be delayed two weeks until November 8th. This might suck for some of you but not for me, November 8th is my birthday.

> Many old faces are expected to show up with the likes of Donald Love
> and Ray the bent cop returning, maybe it is time that Darkel made an
> appearance seeing as the developers cut him out at the last minute.
> THe main character will hopefully stay the same or else it would seem
> pointless to change the character, maybe this time he will be able to
> talk and actually have a name.

Yes indeed the character can talk. He IS a new character and is being voiced by mister 'Goodfella' himself Ray Liotta. There are also 80mins of cut scenes compared to the 30mins in GTA3. (1hr 20mins compared to 30mins)

> The Game is set in the 80's so dont go expecting any laser guns or
> brand new machine guns. The cars are more then likely going to be
> convertibles and some top quality nice ones.

Exactly, cars, guns, bikes, boats, fashion and music all relate to the eighties. Hawian shirts ahoy for GTA Vice City. It will feature over 40 weapons and over 100 cars. Also, you can now go into buoldings and there are 60 different types of indoor locations to try on for size.

> And probably for some of you the main high point will be the inclusion
> of motorbikes, well when you look at the box there is a picture of a
> bike that looks cool.
>
> I hope you will be able to do more "Group" missions because
> in all honesty i found that the missions you did where YOU alone had
> to go and kill around 30 people a bit like james bond games which i
> also find boring, so what i want is more of the "bank
> robbery" missions where you and about four other people go and do
> a mission which i thought was really cool.

Havent heard much about this but I'm sure Rockstar have capitalised on this 'cool' feature of gang missions.

> I wouldnt mind having either two or three people with you all the time
> anyways because thats the sort of thing i like to do, go round killing
> with a few friends i.e Final Fantasy X
>
> well i just hope the game comes out soon, and hopefully it will be as
> long as GTA3.

Thanx for reading. Well, all credit to KR for writing the actual topic.
Sun 08/09/02 at 17:10
Regular
Got the new PSM2 yesterday, this game will indeed rule. Over 100 cars (including motorbikes) and 60 internal locations.

New weapons include MP5s and screwdrivers. There is now over 40 weapons to choose from.
Thu 18/07/02 at 21:58
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I know this isnt anything to do with GTA: Vice City but I would appreciate any answers.

I was wondering what the cheat was to get rid of the cops in GTA1 for the psx. I have been playing GTA3 for ages and forget what the password is.

I have looked on ukcheats but I cant find it there. Thanks in advance.

;)
Thu 18/07/02 at 20:35
Regular
no i actually think it was just about conflict desert storm taken out of OPS2 but i aint sure, was quite a long time ago
Thu 18/07/02 at 20:21
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Does anyone have that site address. For some reason I cant seem to be able to find the ops2 mag in my area this month. Thanks

;)
Thu 18/07/02 at 20:16
Regular
or you could just go onto some web site (cant remember) which does a page by page *look* at the latest issue of OPs2
Wed 17/07/02 at 22:57
"High polygon count"
This is what the official PS2 mag prised out of Rockstar at E3:

- It will feature an improved game engine, which will improve on collision detection and clipping. And hopefully provide better cut-scenes.

- Vice City will be bigger and better, with a whole new game world to explore. Here's Sam Houser's (Rockstar president) more eloquent description: "It's an even more revolutionary gaming experience. This will be reflected in the size of the game, the scope of the gameplay and the extent of the gameplayer's freedom."

- It might just feature a helicopter with machine guns, have you bombing around the Miami Keys in a speedboat and tearing up the sun-baked streets on a motorbike.

There is more, but you'll need to get the mag, cos I ain't typing it all out!
Wed 17/07/02 at 20:52
Regular
Longster wrote:
> Why don't you think it's gonna be a proper game?

because GTA4 will be a fully online version which will be out at christmas 2003
Wed 17/07/02 at 14:17
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
allardini wrote:
> I doubt it'll be as long as GTA3, simply because the development span
> doesn't seem to have been long enough....

The development began immediately on completion of GTA3

As the graphics engine will be getting tweaked not designed from scratch this will shorten the development time

Think happy thoughts and we might all be pleasantly suprised

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.