GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA : vice city"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/06/02 at 18:20
Regular
This place is empty so im just gonna put down what i know about GTA ; vice city so far.

IT wont be a proper sequel to GTA3 but not a little add on that was expected. this is not GTA4 but more like the PCs version of GTA: London that came out a while ago.

IT is scheduled for a release on the 22nd of October, which for many of you will probably be the greatest friday ever seeing a a little known football game called Pro Evo 2 comes out that day aswell.

Many old faces are expected to show up with the likes of Donald Love and Ray the bent cop returning, maybe it is time that Darkel made an appearance seeing as the developers cut him out at the last minute. THe main character will hopefully stay the same or else it would seem pointless to change the character, maybe this time he will be able to talk and actually have a name.

The Game is set in the 80's so dont go expecting any laser guns or brand new machine guns. The cars are more then likely going to be convertibles and some top quality nice ones.

And probably for some of you the main high point will be the inclusion of motorbikes, well when you look at the box there is a picture of a bike that looks cool.

I hope you will be able to do more "Group" missions because in all honesty i found that the missions you did where YOU alone had to go and kill around 30 people a bit like james bond games which i also find boring, so what i want is more of the "bank robbery" missions where you and about four other people go and do a mission which i thought was really cool.

I wouldnt mind having either two or three people with you all the time anyways because thats the sort of thing i like to do, go round killing with a few friends i.e Final Fantasy X

well i just hope the game comes out soon, and hopefully it will be as long as GTA3
Sat 22/06/02 at 18:20
Regular
This place is empty so im just gonna put down what i know about GTA ; vice city so far.

IT wont be a proper sequel to GTA3 but not a little add on that was expected. this is not GTA4 but more like the PCs version of GTA: London that came out a while ago.

IT is scheduled for a release on the 22nd of October, which for many of you will probably be the greatest friday ever seeing a a little known football game called Pro Evo 2 comes out that day aswell.

Many old faces are expected to show up with the likes of Donald Love and Ray the bent cop returning, maybe it is time that Darkel made an appearance seeing as the developers cut him out at the last minute. THe main character will hopefully stay the same or else it would seem pointless to change the character, maybe this time he will be able to talk and actually have a name.

The Game is set in the 80's so dont go expecting any laser guns or brand new machine guns. The cars are more then likely going to be convertibles and some top quality nice ones.

And probably for some of you the main high point will be the inclusion of motorbikes, well when you look at the box there is a picture of a bike that looks cool.

I hope you will be able to do more "Group" missions because in all honesty i found that the missions you did where YOU alone had to go and kill around 30 people a bit like james bond games which i also find boring, so what i want is more of the "bank robbery" missions where you and about four other people go and do a mission which i thought was really cool.

I wouldnt mind having either two or three people with you all the time anyways because thats the sort of thing i like to do, go round killing with a few friends i.e Final Fantasy X

well i just hope the game comes out soon, and hopefully it will be as long as GTA3
Sat 22/06/02 at 20:54
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
Are you sure you have that and Pro Evo 2's release date correct?

My birthday is the 18th and I know for sure that it is a Friday. Oh well, solves the problem of what to ask for now.
Sun 23/06/02 at 00:34
Regular
If the game is set in the 80's, won't the character need to change? Or will we be assuming the role of a character that resemble the little tw4ts round my end that TWOC cars?
Sun 23/06/02 at 00:37
Regular
"That's right!"
Well since GTA3 didn't really have a main character (he was nameless, after all) it doesn't matter who the guy is in Vice City

One thing, though, surely all the radio stations will have to play 70s/80s music... Devastating for you PS2 users, as chances are, the PC version will, once again, allow you to play your own music. So while you're stuck on Flashback FM style music, we'll be listening to anything we want :)
Sun 23/06/02 at 02:52
"High polygon count"
Nothing wrong with 80s music!

Anyway, if the game is set in the 80s (which it is), characters from GTA3 can't make a return in the game, as GTA3 was supposed to be present-day.

Unless, of course, they make it a prequel.
Sun 23/06/02 at 09:50
Regular
heh i hope the main character is a bloke with a big afro :D

anyways i have just checked and the 22nd is a tuesday so i guess it will come out on the 25th which is the friday
Sun 23/06/02 at 12:12
Regular
"A man with a stick"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Anyway, if the game is set in the 80s (which it is), characters from
> GTA3 can't make a return in the game, as GTA3 was supposed to be
> present-day.

Ah, but characters from the first game 'are' going to appear in vice, just before they moved to liberty city. If you've seen the front cover of the game, you'll see a picture of Donald Love and what looks like Kenji. I think it will be interesting to see some of the main characters from GTA3 before they became big crime bosses.
Mon 24/06/02 at 10:32
"High polygon count"
cipro wrote:
> Ah, but characters from the first game 'are' going to appear in vice

Just as well I covered myself with "Unless, of course, they make it a sequel" then! :-)
Mon 24/06/02 at 10:32
"High polygon count"
Duh! I meant 'prequel' of course!
Mon 24/06/02 at 10:56
Regular
"A man with a stick"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> cipro wrote:
> Ah, but characters from the first game 'are' going to appear in vice
>
> Just as well I covered myself with "Unless, of course, they make
> it a prequel" then! :-)

doh! I missed that :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.