GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Need advice."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/11/00 at 21:55
Regular
Guys, I need some advice. I am getting a PS2 on November 24th, but today I realised that I had the money to buy a Dreamcast. I could get one with Code Veronica, Virtua Tennis, MSR and Sonic Adventure for 230 from GAME. Should I wait for the PS2 or buy both? I wasnt sure if to or not, Id like some opinions please. Cheers
Tue 07/11/00 at 22:21
Regular
The temptation is too high to resist!
Tue 07/11/00 at 22:10
Grix, youll have to go to the shop on that one- I did check the site, and they only have the console deal. If you want to know, the URLs are:

Electronics Boutique- eb.uk.com
Game- game.uk.com
Simplygames - Simplygames.com
theSlammer- theSlammer.com
software first- softwarefirst.com

These all do really good deals for games and have good auction sites(the botton two) where you may be able to pick up a cheap dreamcast. A PS2 went for 450 on theslammer.com a few weeks back!
Mon 06/11/00 at 17:25
Regular
Ha ha ha ha.

Ant, if you come on here, you'll know what I'm laughing at!

Look for your reply!
Mon 06/11/00 at 15:35
To be honest with you, if I could then I would buy both. But due to financial obligations I must choose and I am going with the PS2.

If you can easily afford both, however, then I think it would be money well spent as there is bound be stuff coming out on both that you will want to play.

BUT if you buy both then will you have enough money to get an X-Box or a Gamecube at the end of next year. Decisions, Decisions.
Sun 05/11/00 at 17:34
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
PS2
Sun 05/11/00 at 17:15
The dreamcast is good and I think it's got potential but at the end of the day Playstation 2 is going to be amazing and will surely top the console chart.

I'm just waiting for the gamecube and the gameboy advance!
Sun 05/11/00 at 16:52
"possibly impossible"
In answer to Damo, I'd be tempted to buy both consoles then wait to buy games later on. After all, it's not every day that you have enough money for a console, but saving up to buy games is easier and you can win them of course (as you have obviously found out!)

I certainly whole heartedly recommend the dreamcast and a copy of MSR, but then I'd like a PS2 as well and I may well get one (or at least my brother will and I'll end up playing on that all the time while he plays on my DC)
Sun 05/11/00 at 15:20
Regular
From Special Reserve, I forgot to add.
Sun 05/11/00 at 15:19
Regular
Wow! Thats a pretty damn good deal!

You get a Dreamcast, Chu Chu Rocket, and Sonic Adventure, which I want, for £145.99! That's on my Christmas list!
Sun 05/11/00 at 15:17
Regular
Damn. No games packs. Just the console on its own.

Ali! If you read this, can put some Dreamcast console packs up please! Like A Dreamcast and four games for £230 or something.

Please?

Or are there already? I checked a while back, but lets see.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.