GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Need advice."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/11/00 at 21:55
Regular
Guys, I need some advice. I am getting a PS2 on November 24th, but today I realised that I had the money to buy a Dreamcast. I could get one with Code Veronica, Virtua Tennis, MSR and Sonic Adventure for 230 from GAME. Should I wait for the PS2 or buy both? I wasnt sure if to or not, Id like some opinions please. Cheers
Sat 04/11/00 at 21:55
Guys, I need some advice. I am getting a PS2 on November 24th, but today I realised that I had the money to buy a Dreamcast. I could get one with Code Veronica, Virtua Tennis, MSR and Sonic Adventure for 230 from GAME. Should I wait for the PS2 or buy both? I wasnt sure if to or not, Id like some opinions please. Cheers
Sat 04/11/00 at 22:14
Don't buy both, as you'll have spent all your money (I don't know how much you've got!!!) and you won't have enough money to buy any games.

wait for the better console(no offence Dreamcast lovers).......Buy the PS2
Sat 04/11/00 at 22:35
Regular
Maybe so, but £230 is a good deal.

I think the only person can decide is yourself Damo, because there are so many pros and cons, that it would be impossible to come to a answer, easily.
Sun 05/11/00 at 00:15
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
What defines a better console?

It's not a case of which is better, it's down to the type of games you want to play.

Happy gaming Damo! With whatever console you choose.
Sun 05/11/00 at 00:51
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Its already been said - its upto you mate. If you buy both then you have a wider choice of games open to you. I tend to do that but then i have a job, some people are still studants and can't afford to shell out for that kind of option. I think the main thing is to look at how much you get. If you get a good amount and can buy the games then go for both. If your on a limited budget then just pick one.
The best way to decide between the 2 is to think of the games they are known for and whats coming out (or is already available). Afterall, most people know certain titles that will only appear on a certain console, so if you have any particular faves like Sonic or Gran Turismo you can also put those in for pros for each console :-)
At the end of the day, people can give all different advice so its upto your own judgement - I've survived on mine so far ;-))
Sun 05/11/00 at 10:14
To be honest, I would have to say thatnks guys, post some more opinions if you want to, but at the moment I think Ill stick with a PS2, and maybe Ill get a second hand DC or when it gets cheaper, Ive already pre-ordered 6 games for the PS2, why would I buy another console for another four???
Sun 05/11/00 at 10:16
Grix I would have to agree with you though, it wasnt an easy decision to make, I hope they bring RE Code Veronica on the PS2 cause I played it as well as Virtua Tennis on the DC and I love the RE series, and I would get a DC just for that and VT(and probably Shenmue) but If the price comes down and I still have a little of my loan left at the end of next year sometime, then maybe I will. Thanks anyway guys.
Sun 05/11/00 at 14:16
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Get both! With the DC, you'll have the best resident evil game, a great racer, as well as sonic and VT. You will also be able to look forwards to Jet Set Radio and Shenmue as well as online stuff like PSO and Quake 3! You'll also have a PS2, so you can get the best of both worlds!

Rav
Sun 05/11/00 at 15:07
Regular
I think I might buy that package, pretty damn fine value anyway, and I want a Dreamcast from Christmas...

GAME, do they have a website?
Sun 05/11/00 at 15:17
Regular
Damn. No games packs. Just the console on its own.

Ali! If you read this, can put some Dreamcast console packs up please! Like A Dreamcast and four games for £230 or something.

Please?

Or are there already? I checked a while back, but lets see.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.