GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"READ THIS FOR A LAUGH!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 02/11/00 at 20:23
Regular
Well, actually, it's not THAT funny, but quite funny.
Some Japanese company have created a game ONLY for the Japanese, (it's on PS2) it's called "Love Story" You are like...what's his name...the baby with the arrow who shoots people and they fall in love. Anyway, you're this guy, and you have to find the perfect date for someone else, and when you've done it, you get points or something, and you go on to the next one!! You can also find the "perfect partner" for yourself, and see how you "get on". I'm glad to say that this game will NOT be coming to Europe. Phew...
Thanks for reading, Ant.
Sun 05/11/00 at 20:42
Seaman is pure Fish it is absolute amazing and made me cry with laughter
Sun 05/11/00 at 19:58
Okay, by the 'fishy thing with your face on it' I'm guessing you mean Seaman on the Dreamcast. This is the first type of game of it's kind and has been really big in Japan for some time now. You can talk to the fish and give it instructions (through the DC microphone attachment which comes with the game) and also nurture it like a tamagochi, but the Artificial Intellegence is much much higher than those toy things.
Seaman has been a long time coming to these shores as the translation for the speech recognition takes ages. I didn't think it would be released at all over here at first as it is too weird for the UK market, but I was gladly wrong. There are sites up for the game around the internet that give more details.
Sat 04/11/00 at 19:07
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Ant, I can't give any details about my website as it isn't finished yet, it should be quite good, you can get your horoscopes on it while getting some cheats and read some reviews, I have decided to get a PS2, it is a good console/computor/system thing, but I will wait a few more months, maybe next christmas, but I will try to get a Gcube aswell, as I do like nintnendo and will continue to buy their produce.
I thought I would come back as meatball, I can do all kinds of crazy stuff on this internet thing, but for some reason I can't change my bloomin name on this site!
Sat 04/11/00 at 17:27
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I did not laugh!
Sat 04/11/00 at 17:15
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I think they could have come up with something better than a fish with a human face though, thats not a very appealing thing to talk to.
Sat 04/11/00 at 17:15
Regular
Well surely artificial intellgence for a fish would be as good as the fishes intelligence anyway?

So in other words, we have produced enough intelligence in A.I. to make something swim pointlessly around and bob up and down. :0)

And why would you talk to a fish? :0)
Sat 04/11/00 at 17:05
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Japanese are weird. Not only do they like dating sims, but this "seaman: forbidennen pet" tamagotchi syle fish game is yjust way too far out! You use a microphone to speak to a fish. What suprised me was how intelligent the fish actually is- one of the best artificial intelligences i've ever seen!

But still Japanese gamers are weird!
Sat 04/11/00 at 15:52
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
You can always trust the Japanese to come with those games ;-))
If you've kept track of a lot of Jap only imports and stuff you'd have seen that consoles such as the SNES had loads of those "novelty" games. I think one that made me laugh was this anime graphics style one where you took control of a guy and the aim of the game was to go around chatting girls up and getting them to go out with you ;-))
I remember there being a multiplayer option where you'd all go around and the winner would be the one who got the most girls ;-))
If i remember right you had different lines to chat them up with and stuff - if you came up with a bad line the girl got miffed and walked off ;-))
I never played it - for a start the Japanese text would have been too much to get on with. Its just a mag review i remember reading.
Some Jap only games are really good like some of the RPG's and stuff we never see. But some are typical games to play after 10 beers and a curry ;-)) Or is that what you need to have in you before you'd ever consider buying them ? ;-)
Sat 04/11/00 at 15:15
Regular
"I like cheese"
Meatball, or Fogmaster, as I know you better, what is your website called, I wouldn't mind checking it out??????
Also, are you looking forward to getting a PS2, and are you getting one on launch day. Hopefully, I'll be getting mine at least before christmas...hopefully...
Sat 04/11/00 at 14:51
Forgot to say, this is being reviewed on my Website, (no details can be released at this moment, due to it not being finsished) anyway, i think your fish can have babies, the more I write the more i want to meet the person that made this 'game'.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.