GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ways To Make Freeola Chat Popular:"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/08/06 at 13:55
"possibly impossible"
1) Flood the search engines with adverts for 'free £30 Amazon voucher' for any search. Even fish.

2) Send people round the streets with big billboards on them saying 'the end of the world is nigh...but you could win £30 of vouchers with Freeola Chat'

3) Put up billboard posters on every bus stop in the country while no-one is looking.

4) Give out T-shirts to current members saying 'CHAT.FREEOLA.COM FREE £30 VOUCHER' in big letters and order them to wear it at least once a week. (those who wear it every day will get a free deodorant spray)

5) Create a furry mascot advertising the site and do a deal with McDonalds to give it away in a Happy Meal.

6) Hire a zepplin and write 'FREEOLA CHAT WIN A £30 VOUCHER' on it, then fly it around the UK.

7) Phone in to Radio 1 and local radio stations to enter every competition, then blurt out the website live on the radio.

8) Hire a streaker to run across various sporting events with the website tattooed on them somewhere on their body.
Sat 26/08/06 at 15:54
Regular
Garin wrote:
> Well, I responded at the point when Chippxero and Machie said
> they'd prefer a separate system instead of a forum (and I did
> make that distinction in my original post :P). All I'm saying
> is, I dont think a separate system is worthwhile unless you can
> support it to the extent that most other review sites do.
> A reviews forum on the other hand is worthwhile in my opinion.

I liked the idea of being able to search through the reviews especially if there's going to be 100s of them, if they can do what they did with the games, that'll help but it would be nice if we could take it further. But yes I do feel it would be better to give feedback to reviews like we do already (e.g Reefers win today).

If several people are going to give reviews for the same thing than I suppose they'll all go under one thread. Screenshots and links to demos/videos shouldnt be too difficult.
Sat 26/08/06 at 15:54
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I only gave Enthusia Racing 6/10 and was pretty harsh on it yet still won so i think it was more about the quality of the review than the score, or the fact i bribed the staffie with chocolate cake at that time
Sat 26/08/06 at 15:50
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Garin wrote:
> A reviews forum on the other hand is worthwhile in my opinion.

Which is also my point, so we agree, let's go for tea and cakes and celebrate, not you though Machie, you suck :-D
Sat 26/08/06 at 15:50
Regular
That's right we use to get reviews like that on SR. One of the good things about this new review forum, is that now we don't have to give everything 10/10, we can be as honest as we like. Though I think I recall someone winning a GAD for a low rated review. :S Kinda odd if it discouraged sales for SR.
Sat 26/08/06 at 15:46
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Kawada wrote:
> Ermm isn't that what this thread is doing? Asking for a forum?
> And if screenshots are so important it's not exactly hard to
> stick a bunch of links at the bottom of a review to some
> screenshots and you can put a bunch of basic game information
> like release date, developer etc at the top of the review

Well, I responded at the point when Chippxero and Machie said they'd prefer a separate system instead of a forum (and I did make that distinction in my original post :P). All I'm saying is, I dont think a separate system is worthwhile unless you can support it to the extent that most other review sites do.
A reviews forum on the other hand is worthwhile in my opinion.
Sat 26/08/06 at 15:44
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
:p That would actually hurt if Amazon wasn't littered with utter trash and *OMG IT'S GR8* type of reviews :-D

And nobody touches my Disgaea games except for me, they're my babies
Sat 26/08/06 at 15:43
Regular
Okay let me borrow yours and we'll see who can do the better review. Unlike you, I wont need to go to Amazon to get inspiration :P, it's all up here in my head Kawada. Maybe you should stick to cheats :)
Sat 26/08/06 at 15:37
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
That would require you to play them and as you haven't even played Disgaea yet i'm not too worried :-D
Sat 26/08/06 at 15:37
Regular
I'll do a review of Enchanted Arms and Disgaea 2, that should win me a few GADs. :)
Sat 26/08/06 at 15:33
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Like 99 of them :-D (nah only about 90, i'd do 10 at least)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.