GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who are the best? Sony, Sega or Nintendo?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/10/00 at 14:25
Regular
Just because I am a playstation owner I am not going to be biast towards the debate.
Sat 28/10/00 at 14:37
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I've only been away a few days, but a completely useless topic has popped up. Nintendo, Sega and Sony are all great. Nintendo has series like Zelda and mario, and invented mass market gaming. Sega have the best arcade division anywhere in the world, and as the games on the dreamcast show, can make games just as in depth as any other company. Sony took mass market to a new generation and launched the greatest console ever. They do not however make their own games, instead helping others to make their games a reality.

So, all the consoles are great, and I would hate for any of these companies to go down. Anyone who say's PSX's are the best are just being biased and have obviously not realised that "brand loyalty" is a bad thing.

Rav
Sat 28/10/00 at 13:38
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
There is no doubt that Rare are a quality company. But relying on one company to bring you great games isn't going to make Nintendo the best. A console needs a number of quality companies producing for it which is what Sony managed to do and thats what helped them become number 1 at the moment. While Nintendo still had a strong hold, they had Square working with them and thats the company that kept them afloat above other machines at the time. Of course Square later defected over to Sony and it was Rare who saved Nintendo from a complete Sega style drop in popularity. Nintendo really need to pick themselves up again with this upcoming gamecube or they're gonna be in serious trouble. Luckily they came up with Pokemon and that has really boosted sales for them now so they are well on their way back up. Sega have started to pick up now with their dreamcast thanks to companies coming back to produce for them. Feel sorry for the people that spent something like £400 on a saturn console which completely flopped because of lack of support. At the end of the day, if you haven't got companies such as Konami, Capcom, etc pushing out games like Metal Gear Solid and Resident Evil for you, your not gonna last long in a race with the consoles that have.
Fri 27/10/00 at 13:23
Regular
Although a few years back, they couldn't advertise Crash Bandicoot enough in America.

Everything needs a mascot anyway. It doesn't seem... well, appropriate, without one.
Fri 27/10/00 at 13:13
Only someone who'd been living in isolation for the last five years wouldn't know what a PlayStation is, or that the name is already at least as big as Mario or Sonic.

Sony doesn't need a character/mascot for itself - the PlayStation machine(s) is/are pretty much a cultural icons themselves.
Fri 27/10/00 at 12:54
If Sony wants a character for itself they should start making games!
Fri 27/10/00 at 10:53
Regular
"I like cheese"
Obviously you've never heard or played on one of the best games ever made: Metal Gear Solid on PSX and now on PC. Although it was a tiny bit short, it was still a spectacular game, and MGS2 will be even better, I CAN'T WAIT!!!
Fri 27/10/00 at 10:02
Solid Snake? Who the hell is that?

Everyone knows who MArio and Sonic are but I've never heard of Solid Snake!
Fri 27/10/00 at 00:17
The best console is the one with the most games that YOU want to play. If you like Rare's games on Nintendo, fair enough - it doesn't make any of the other machines worse, and it doesn't make Nintendo's better.

PlayStation didn't sell well because it was "the best machine"; it sold well because it had more games that appealed to a wider audience than any other console of at the time.

Games are like music - it's all down to personal taste. I personally don't like 'teeny-bopper' girl/boy pop groups, but that doesn't mean they're cr@p - it just means they're not my taste.

If I don't like a game that Rare make, does that make Nintendo's console cr@p? Of course not. Come on you guys, for everyone's sake, try and grow up!
Thu 26/10/00 at 23:15
Regular
Nintendo will always have the best quality.
Why? Because they own Rare.
And if you think Rare are working miracles now, wait 10 years or so until I make games for them (they're only about 30 miles away) and then Nintendo's sales will go through the roof...

... I hope!
Thu 26/10/00 at 22:19
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah I remember the old Metal Gear game on the NES ;-))
Talk about changes ! Another one thats certainly changed in image from its little NES days is Castlevania. I used to love that game - I remember the language I used to speak on the last couple of levels though ;-))
Plus back then the consoles didn't have memory cards so I remember i got to Dracula at the end and for 3 days non stop, my NES was left on pause on and off as i figured out how to beat him (I was only little hahaha). In my opinion, Metal Gear Solid is one of the best games money can buy. Even when I completed it I just kept playing it and completing it again and again, the story really draws you in and looking at preview tapes and reading about it, I think I join a large number of games players that are just dying to play the sequal ;-) Lets hope its release date doesn't slide too much like so many other games. As for the little Mario vs Sonic vs Snake match, my bets would be on one less plumber in the world and the species of blue hedgehog becoming extinct ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.