GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Muuuuuuuuuh indeed"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/05/02 at 01:52
Regular
Went to a certain "Toyz Are Them" Warehouse to purchase a lightsaber with which to menace the cat and impress the dog.
They only had a "Darth Tyranus" one. With a pic of a character.
Gee, thanks for giving that away on the bloody packaging before the film is launched.
Tossy merchandising freaks.
Aaaanyways, I went in to get a lightsaber.

Came out with a Gamecube + Rogue Thingy + Memory Card.

Dunno how that happened.
So, as a long-time Ninty loather, why'd I do it?
Rogue Whatsit.
I like Star Wars games. I had an N64 for "Shadows of The Empire", and the only decent bit was the Hoth level at the start. The rest of that game licked balls - really, it did.
The Gamecube. It's small and black. A bit like Gary Coleman except the Cube won't go "Whatchoo tawkin' 'bout?" in a comedy manner.

I saw the other games and none of them appeal at all. Super Monkey Ball just doesn't do it for me, cutesy ain't my bag baby.
But Rogue Ujiithing is top.
One complaint though - it's almost impossible to see the Tie-Fighters on the space levels when there's loads of asteroids/bits coming at you.
And it's hard, damned hard.
I'm up to the Hoth Level and only just managed to earn a Bronze medal for 3 points.
Woo.
So why is this game excellent?
You get clips from the original film in the background, and it's the bits from the film you remember - right down to the dialogue and hearing "Yee-ha, now let's blow this thing and go home" on the Death Star Trench Run.
ANY game that starts with that level has to rule.

So go on, mock me for giving in and joining the ranks of the retarded and simple. God knows I would.
However, I also have my Xbox which I thoroughly enjoy.
So I can say, with hand on heart, that the Xbox is just as good as The Cube.
That settles this argument once and for all.
I love Halo and UFC, and I love Rogue Whatsits.

I like my Xbox because we get Chase/Crash/POW/Metal Gear Something/Project Ego and others.
I like my Gamecube because I can play Rogue Majooby.
Not sure what other games I fancy on The Cube, I know Resident Evil is supposed to be good, as is ...er.... another couple I can't remember (Grix will now shout about Skies of Arcadia).
One thing, whilst playing Rogue Mahone, it crashed.
It just went black and nothing happened.
I had to restart.
Not impressed at all with that, I may take it back and swap it.

So, from a person that still hates the N64 and will attempt to smash Lylat Wars/Starfux Adventures with my fase if I see it, the Gamecube is reasonably priced for what it is.
As is the Xbox.
They are both ok for playing games on.
Wed 15/05/02 at 01:52
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Went to a certain "Toyz Are Them" Warehouse to purchase a lightsaber with which to menace the cat and impress the dog.
They only had a "Darth Tyranus" one. With a pic of a character.
Gee, thanks for giving that away on the bloody packaging before the film is launched.
Tossy merchandising freaks.
Aaaanyways, I went in to get a lightsaber.

Came out with a Gamecube + Rogue Thingy + Memory Card.

Dunno how that happened.
So, as a long-time Ninty loather, why'd I do it?
Rogue Whatsit.
I like Star Wars games. I had an N64 for "Shadows of The Empire", and the only decent bit was the Hoth level at the start. The rest of that game licked balls - really, it did.
The Gamecube. It's small and black. A bit like Gary Coleman except the Cube won't go "Whatchoo tawkin' 'bout?" in a comedy manner.

I saw the other games and none of them appeal at all. Super Monkey Ball just doesn't do it for me, cutesy ain't my bag baby.
But Rogue Ujiithing is top.
One complaint though - it's almost impossible to see the Tie-Fighters on the space levels when there's loads of asteroids/bits coming at you.
And it's hard, damned hard.
I'm up to the Hoth Level and only just managed to earn a Bronze medal for 3 points.
Woo.
So why is this game excellent?
You get clips from the original film in the background, and it's the bits from the film you remember - right down to the dialogue and hearing "Yee-ha, now let's blow this thing and go home" on the Death Star Trench Run.
ANY game that starts with that level has to rule.

So go on, mock me for giving in and joining the ranks of the retarded and simple. God knows I would.
However, I also have my Xbox which I thoroughly enjoy.
So I can say, with hand on heart, that the Xbox is just as good as The Cube.
That settles this argument once and for all.
I love Halo and UFC, and I love Rogue Whatsits.

I like my Xbox because we get Chase/Crash/POW/Metal Gear Something/Project Ego and others.
I like my Gamecube because I can play Rogue Majooby.
Not sure what other games I fancy on The Cube, I know Resident Evil is supposed to be good, as is ...er.... another couple I can't remember (Grix will now shout about Skies of Arcadia).
One thing, whilst playing Rogue Mahone, it crashed.
It just went black and nothing happened.
I had to restart.
Not impressed at all with that, I may take it back and swap it.

So, from a person that still hates the N64 and will attempt to smash Lylat Wars/Starfux Adventures with my fase if I see it, the Gamecube is reasonably priced for what it is.
As is the Xbox.
They are both ok for playing games on.
Wed 15/05/02 at 01:57
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> One complaint though - it's almost impossible to see the Tie-Fighters
> on the space levels when there's loads of asteroids/bits coming at

Use the force...er...i mean the Y button...
Wed 15/05/02 at 07:56
Regular
Retarded cuddly-loving twinkly fairy-like git who likes kids stuff thats cute and gay and you're a git.

There. I'll do better next time. In the meanwhile, I'm still considering getting one myself.
Wed 15/05/02 at 08:10
Regular
"everyone says it"
Just make sure the disk makes a little click when you place it in Goatboy, otherwise it will hang like most disk based drives. That is the problem :)
Wed 15/05/02 at 08:45
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Well I think we all saw that one coming, didn't we?
Wed 15/05/02 at 08:58
Yet another get the stain of nintys on them :)

I am still gonna get one mind but when the boycott of europe starts which wont be long as in pure nintendo fashion They have run out of stock because they didn't produce enough in the first place my guess anyways
Wed 15/05/02 at 09:21
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Welcome to the retarded nintie hoardes goaty - we all knew you wouldn't be able to resist.

I played SMB for the first time last night and my bloody thumb is aching this morning - it really is a good laff.... my kids were playing monkey fight on it last night and I dont think ive heard them laugh so much while playing a game.
Wed 15/05/02 at 09:23
Regular
..... Star Wars games. I can't stand the damned music.
It's alright in the films, but when it's over a game, and you hear it over and over again.....
Wed 15/05/02 at 09:24
Regular
"DS..."
Rouge Leader is an excellent game, i'm now on the 2nd to last of the 10-11 levels i think, y'know the one that has about 300 tie fighters on-screen at once that you have to destroy, worth it for that level alone if you ask me, has anyone completed the whole think including the secret levels yet? It'll probably take me a while to totally complete it as i have exams next week (damn you Nintendo for releasing SSBM inbetween my exams!) Ahem! :) ah well, guess i'll just have to buy SSBM and leave it in a draw untill my exams are over... yeah right!, like thats gonna happen ;)

slik ~_~
Wed 15/05/02 at 09:56
"High polygon count"
Rogue Leader...

Why the FUDGE do you need to pick up a 'power-up' to get the targeting computer to stay on?

Holding a button - especially the Y button - make it bloody awkward. I know you lose points for using it, but I don't care until I've played it through at least once. And I know you can probably change the button mapping.

But I didn't see Luke having to hold down the button in the film! He'd have to fly the X-Wing with one hand, and even he ain't that friggin' good!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.