GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Forum Avatars, can't add one"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/02/08 at 12:29
Regular
"Victory is mine!"
Hi I have been trying to upload myself an avatars for the forum but I am having problems with it. Before I choose the file the box to the left where the picture goes has a ? in it. It allows me to choose a picture and upload it and then goes on to say it has done it ok but yet when I go back and look it still has the question mark there and any new posts I make do not have the avatar next to them.

I am using ie7 to browse the forums am I missing something or is it a problem with new avatars?
Mon 18/02/08 at 13:37
Regular
"Victory is mine!"
Hi I am still having problems getting my avatar to appear. I am making sure my image is at max 80 to be on the safe side and it is a png file. I have taken a screen shot to show you what it is that I am seeing when I try to add my avatar.

Screenshot

I get the screen confirming that my avatar has been uploaded ok but then when I click continue it goes back to my profile and the avatar section looks the same.

Any ideas?
Sat 16/02/08 at 13:45
"Are you sure?"
I would think all images have to be approved - in case someone uses something stupid!
Sat 16/02/08 at 12:58
Regular
"Victory is mine!"
I thought only your profile picture needs to be approved as I uploaded one for that at the same time and it worked fine and was approved this morning.
Sat 16/02/08 at 12:52
"Are you sure?"
Sounds like the image is waiting to be approved by Freeola.
Once it's been checked you should see it.

Search Freeola Chat
Sat 16/02/08 at 12:29
Regular
"Victory is mine!"
Hi I have been trying to upload myself an avatars for the forum but I am having problems with it. Before I choose the file the box to the left where the picture goes has a ? in it. It allows me to choose a picture and upload it and then goes on to say it has done it ok but yet when I go back and look it still has the question mark there and any new posts I make do not have the avatar next to them.

I am using ie7 to browse the forums am I missing something or is it a problem with new avatars?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.