GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"To help me sleep?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/05/02 at 03:10
Regular
Couple of you on here might know that I have huge problems getting to sleep every night which is really starting to destroy me physically and mentally. I am just wondering if anyone knows anyway (without alcohol or illegal drugs) to get to sleep and get a good nights rest.

I need some because my A level exams are fast flying towards me over the horizon.

One of you out there must know a way (without the bloody counting sheep method) to get to sleep. Flowers? Soap? Scents?....

I cry sometimes, my body doesn't let me go to sleep. Its not painful, but its killing me.

Please.
Joby
Thu 09/05/02 at 03:10
Regular
"everyone says it"
Couple of you on here might know that I have huge problems getting to sleep every night which is really starting to destroy me physically and mentally. I am just wondering if anyone knows anyway (without alcohol or illegal drugs) to get to sleep and get a good nights rest.

I need some because my A level exams are fast flying towards me over the horizon.

One of you out there must know a way (without the bloody counting sheep method) to get to sleep. Flowers? Soap? Scents?....

I cry sometimes, my body doesn't let me go to sleep. Its not painful, but its killing me.

Please.
Joby
Thu 09/05/02 at 03:23
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Well, I find that sleeping with the TV on helps. Maybe it's the reassurance that you're not the final one awake in the house...that sometimes prays on my mind.
Thu 09/05/02 at 05:53
yes i sleep with the tv on it's the reassurance
Thu 09/05/02 at 11:54
Regular
"smile, it's free"
You need to tire your mind out. Try puzzles or homework, or something like that.
Thu 09/05/02 at 12:01
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Sleeping with music on helps me (through headphones)
Thu 09/05/02 at 12:04
Regular
I put music on quietly to try getting to sleep but the best method is reading.
Thu 09/05/02 at 12:05
Regular
"smile, it's free"
If none of these work, you can always settle for sleeping fully conscious with your eyes open.
Thu 09/05/02 at 12:05
Regular
"cant think of one.."
If worst comes to worst and you're still finding you cant sleep at night, why not use the time constructively and do some of the revision, etc for your A-levels.

You'll probably find that after your exams you'll feel so relieved that its all over that you'll sleep better. But in the summer who cares; you can spend all day in bed!
Thu 09/05/02 at 12:09
Regular
"I confused?"
I couldn't sleep for ages, go into holland and barrat and ask for peaceful night hebal medicine. It works a treat, it doesn't knock you out just relaxes you.
Thu 09/05/02 at 12:20
Regular
"You've upset me"
Play soft music through headphones. This helps me always. There was one point where I was getting literally 2 hours sleep night, so I started listening to music. And every night Goodnight Elizabeth by Counting Crows sent me off.

Just listen to soft music it works for me. Failing that try warm milk.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.