GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"final fantasy 7... should it be remade?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy VII'.
Sat 09/02/08 at 21:39
Regular
"king of the world"
as the topic says

should it be

i think personally this is my favorite game of all time and would love to see it remade for next gen consoles

square enix forget the new final fantasy's

re-born the old
Tue 11/03/08 at 10:04
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
phuzzy wrote:
> I really wanted to love Blue Dragon, for example, but I just
> couldn't.

I started playing it, found it deeply absorbing, so stopped playing it for fear I'd not touch another game.

10 points on my tag...looks pathetic. Ok, found my game this afternoon.
Mon 10/03/08 at 21:30
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Mon 10/03/08 at 18:53
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Kawada wrote:
> And all those games sucked.

I promised myself not to get into this... not after last time. Got the warrant and everything from before. But, personally speaking, FFVIII was the business. FFX-2 was pretty lame. But FFXII is immense. Lost Odyssey is pretty good, but I can't help feeling that turn-based games need to get themselves together (which LO *just* manages) or do the FFXII-twist. I really wanted to love Blue Dragon, for example, but I just couldn't.

For Nin, I guess you'll just have to live with the next FF. They seem to go in turns of old-style magick, then new-modern-futuristic, and back again. FFVI to FFVII / VIII, FFIX to FFX / FFX-2, FFXII to XIII.
Mon 10/03/08 at 17:44
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Nin wrote:
> Its been ages since i played I and II. They dont really have
> much regarding a plot. You're told to repair/find some crystals
> at the start and thats pretty much it. You've got to work the
> rest out.

I just want a decent adventure game for the PSP. Usually FF are decent titles, so may give it ago when I get a job!
Mon 10/03/08 at 15:05
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Grandprix wrote:
> Okay, I've read there are a lot of problems with the PC version.
> Is it really worth my time? Anyone?

I suppose its going to depend on your machine, I never had any problems with it.
Mon 10/03/08 at 15:01
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
phuzzy wrote:
> Don't go with the PC version - the hoops you have to go through
> to get it to work with any modern graphics card are immense (and
> that's with a legit copy of the game I bought). Aside from the
> myriad of exciting glitches like upside down video,
> super-boss-crashes, and a game clock that runs at about 1/3
> speed, it's naff with a keyboard. I got a PS1 controller adapter
> and, tbh, wish I had just restarted my PS1 copy.

Okay, I've read there are a lot of problems with the PC version. Is it really worth my time? Anyone?
Mon 10/03/08 at 14:49
Regular
"Monochromatic"
hippyman wrote:
> I tried FF Tactics for the PSP. Nearly cried at how awful it
> was. May try the remake of FF and FFII for it though
> eventually.

Its been ages since i played I and II. They dont really have much regarding a plot. You're told to repair/find some crystals at the start and thats pretty much it. You've got to work the rest out.

> FFX-2 Is not really a game that should be mentioned...

That is true. Put it this way, if Zelda went the same way that Final Fantasy is heading, there would be complete outrage from the Nintendo fanboys. Can you remember the fuss they made about cell-shading for Wind Waker. I think they would explode if you gave Link a gun.
Mon 10/03/08 at 14:47
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
phuzzy wrote:
> To someone else's comment, guns in FF are hardly new. Squall,
> lead in FFVIII, had his gunblade. Yuna in FFX-2, basically a
> gunner. Balthier and his guns in FFXII - pretty bad-ass.

And all those games sucked. Guns and blades with guns are not a good sign for a FF game. Though reading the previews of FFXIII along with how poor the recent ones have been i'm not holding much hope for it. At least Mistwalker are showing Square how to do it with Lost Odyssey.
Mon 10/03/08 at 13:09
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I tried FF Tactics for the PSP. Nearly cried at how awful it was. May try the remake of FF and FFII for it though eventually.

FFX-2 Is not really a game that should be mentioned...
Mon 10/03/08 at 12:46
Regular
"Monochromatic"
phuzzy wrote:
> To someone else's comment, guns in FF are hardly new.

> Squall, lead in FFVIII, had his gunblade.

Blade being the operative word

> Yuna in FFX-2, basically a gunner.

You should never cite X-2 in any FF argument.

> Balthier and his guns in FFXII - pretty bad-ass.

I've not got that far into XII but i'm going to assume theyre not flashy and he doesn't twirl them around like a tw@.
Watching the XIII trailer and seeing what i assume are main characters jumping around flashing their guns like some Jedi on a sugar rush is not what FF is supposed to be.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.