GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GC is AMAZING!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/05/02 at 18:08
Regular
I don't believe I have dragged myself away from that "Thing" its so damn addictive!

GameCube. Mine arrived today, and so did Rouge Leader (GAD Win Feb) I am very very pleased with SR. I would like to thank SR for getting my GC to me on release. Im delighted.

Ok, impressions.

I got a black one, its smaller than you imagine. The disks, their TINY! Its so wonderfully crafted and its full of Nintendo quality. If you have never held the controller, its amazing. It fits so well. I just played for 2hours straight and my hands are fine.

Its great to be back in business so to speak, I sold my N64 to my sis like 2months back and I have been waiting for GC ever since. And it didn't dissapoint at all.

Graphically I would say its on par with X-Box. I played Halo, and played Rouge Leader, if anything GC is better. The lighting is so good, its perfect, amazing, delightful, smashing. Its fandabbydotius!

The sound is crystal. I have had NO slowdowns at all and I have seen like, 100+ objects on Rouge Leader. Oh yeah, by the way, Rouge Leader is class. Action packed amazingness. Im not a Star Wars fan but this game is cracking. Loading times? Its as fast/faster than N64. You don't notice them at all.

Basically.

Round up.

Graphically its amazing, 10/10
Sound is top notch 10/10
SR for delivering it on time 10/10
Rouge Leader 10/10
No loading times 10/10
No slowdowns 10/10
Disk Size 10/10

Its a great console and im itching for another go on Rouge Leader! Only one problem, I dont have a memory card which is essential. Im going down town to get one tomorrow and I have £35 credit from SR (Thanks.) So any idea's for another game?

Im looking in RBS's direction because he had like 6 GAD GC games. Which one is the best? I want a racing game or something. SSBM any good? SMB? Burnout? Anyone got Burnout? Anyone with footy games? I need idea's.

Great job Nintendo, I love you.
Thanks SR, I love you too.

If you haven't got a GC then buy one, if you have pre-ordered one and you haven't got it, then pray it comes soon because I couldn't live without my baby, my GameCube.

Im going to play on Rouge Leader again now, the explosion effects are sweet, the scream of the TIE fighters is spine chilling. I haven't got past the first level yet, I can get to the trench and Darth Vader comes, how do I kill him? That black caped son of a gun! Eat my laser fire!

GC is breathtaking. Get one.

GasMask
Fri 03/05/02 at 18:08
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
I don't believe I have dragged myself away from that "Thing" its so damn addictive!

GameCube. Mine arrived today, and so did Rouge Leader (GAD Win Feb) I am very very pleased with SR. I would like to thank SR for getting my GC to me on release. Im delighted.

Ok, impressions.

I got a black one, its smaller than you imagine. The disks, their TINY! Its so wonderfully crafted and its full of Nintendo quality. If you have never held the controller, its amazing. It fits so well. I just played for 2hours straight and my hands are fine.

Its great to be back in business so to speak, I sold my N64 to my sis like 2months back and I have been waiting for GC ever since. And it didn't dissapoint at all.

Graphically I would say its on par with X-Box. I played Halo, and played Rouge Leader, if anything GC is better. The lighting is so good, its perfect, amazing, delightful, smashing. Its fandabbydotius!

The sound is crystal. I have had NO slowdowns at all and I have seen like, 100+ objects on Rouge Leader. Oh yeah, by the way, Rouge Leader is class. Action packed amazingness. Im not a Star Wars fan but this game is cracking. Loading times? Its as fast/faster than N64. You don't notice them at all.

Basically.

Round up.

Sound is top notch 10/10
Rouge Leader 10/10
No loading times 10/10
No slowdowns 10/10
Disk Size 10/10

Its a great console and im itching for another go on Rouge Leader! Only one problem, I dont have a memory card which is essential. Im going down town to get one tomorrow and I have £35 credit from SR (Thanks.) So any idea's for another game?

Im looking in RBS's direction because he had like 6 GAD GC games. Which one is the best? I want a racing game or something. SSBM any good? SMB? Burnout? Anyone got Burnout? Anyone with footy games? I need idea's.

Great job Nintendo, I love you.
Thanks SR, I love you too.

If you haven't got a GC then buy one, if you have pre-ordered one and you haven't got it, then pray it comes soon because I couldn't live without my baby, my GameCube.

Im going to play on Rouge Leader again now, the explosion effects are sweet, the scream of the TIE fighters is spine chilling. I haven't got past the first level yet, I can get to the trench and Darth Vader comes, how do I kill him? That black caped son of a gun! Eat my laser fire!

GC is breathtaking. Get one.

GasMask
Fri 03/05/02 at 18:09
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Fri 03/05/02 at 18:10
Regular
You think you're so hot.

And get Super Monkey Ball. I haven't a clue how it plays, but you get MONKEY SKY DIVING!

Damn yeah.
Fri 03/05/02 at 18:16
GasMask wrote:
>Graphically its amazing, 10/10
>SR for delivering it on time 10/10
>Rouge Leader 10/10
>No loading times 10/10
>No slowdowns 10/10
>Disk Size 10/10

Obviously you forgot some:
Controller 0/10
Other games 0/10
A purple computer(then black) 0/10
A handle 0/10
the GameCube 1/10 (it must have some sort of average)
Fri 03/05/02 at 18:21
i love GC
i love GC
game cube game cube game cube
GC GC GC GC GC GC GC GC GC GC GC GC GC GC
Fri 03/05/02 at 18:26
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
big_slow wrote:
> i love GC
> i love GC
> game cube game cube game cube
> GC GC GC GC GC GC GC GC GC GC GC GC GC GC

Seconded!
Fri 03/05/02 at 18:33
i hate GC
i hate GC
gay cube gay cube gay cube
GC GC GC GC GC GC GC GC GC GC GC GC GC GC

i rest my case

the world has been bedazzled by 2 new consoles, ones a a big fat this with a bit of snot on it the others small a purple and disguises itself as a trandy handbag
Fri 03/05/02 at 18:35
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
GasMask wrote:
Sound is top notch 10/10
Rouge Leader 10/10
No loading times 10/10
No slowdowns 10/10
Disk Size 10/10

---

You biased 10/10.

Only joking, I'd agree with you.

:-)
Fri 03/05/02 at 18:45
"Mimmargh!"
Gas Mask, you can't kill Vader, you just have to boost and dodge his lasers until Han arrives. Hope that helps...
Fri 03/05/02 at 18:52
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
You sold your N64 to your sister? don't you like her? :)
also, lucky darn you for getting a GC :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.