GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Brought any CD's???"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/04/02 at 21:01
Regular
If you've brought any CD's recently post them here with the name of both the artist and the actual CD.
And if you listened to it, add you favourite/least-favourite track(s) and briefly what you think of the CD overall.

I'll start off:

Today I brought:

Puddle of Mudd - Control

It's a pretty good CD, better than what I had expected. It's also quite 'grunge-like', and I can see why some people have compared them to Nirvana.
Some lyrics are quite lame like "smack my ass" but the music overall is good. And as for a favourite track, it's too early for me to say.

Vex Red - Start with a Strong and Persistant Desire

I haven't listened to this yet, but i've already heard 'Clone Jesus' and that's one reason as to why I brought it.
I also brought it as I got £5 off when I brought these 2 together! :)

What have you brought??
Fri 01/11/02 at 13:25
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Just got paid a couple of days ago, so just went down the shops and got my monthly fix of cds.

New Foo fighters - cool
StoneSour - deep
Murderdolls - sounds like iron maiden
new Disturbed - very good, got this off the net, ltd edition box
glassjaw - excellent
adema - not too bad at all

Also got cool spot for the megadrive in a charity shop.
Fri 01/11/02 at 10:56
"...Unicef pennies.."
Vottanator wrote:
> Now All My Life is special!

Damn straight
Thu 31/10/02 at 21:56
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
You like Iron Maiden? I thought you devoted yourself to Counting Crows?

Black and Blue the best song of the year! Pffff.. It isn't bad but it's nothing special.

Now All My Life is special!
Thu 31/10/02 at 21:40
Regular
"You've upset me"
Vottanator wrote:
> I got Brave New World by Iron Maiden yesterday.

Not a bad little album.

> So far, best songs appear to be Blood Brothers and Ghost of the
> Navigator.

GOFN rocks most majorly, Out Of The Silent Planet also rules. But the best on the album is undoubtedly The Wicker Man.
Thu 31/10/02 at 21:35
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
I bought a Jawbreaker rarities album, which rocks. Though 24 hour revenge therapy is still my favourite album of theirs. I also bought Waiting by Thurday, which has a really cool wonky violins and guitars song on it, and it sounds vaguely like Sunny Day Real Estate.

I also got the Buffalo 66 soundtrack.

I like buying music.
Thu 31/10/02 at 20:53
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I got Brave New World by Iron Maiden yesterday.

I was shocked when I saw they had a song called The Mercenary on it. Just trying to re-live the great days of The Trooper I though but it's actually a really good song. Not as good as the Trooper obviously but still good.

They've also ripped off The Clansman for one of the songs too. The opening guitar bit and the solo halfway through is taken almost directly from that song.

Still it seems like a pretty good album and I've only listened to it twice.

So far, best songs appear to be Blood Brothers and Ghost of the Navigator.
Thu 31/10/02 at 19:50
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Sade - Lovers Rock

Pretty good, after one listen. It's the kind of music that you want to listen to while with a young lady. Really intimate acoustic geetar, quite raw - you can hear the squeak on the strings.

Velvet Underground - Loaded

Fantastic. Catchyest album ever.
Thu 31/10/02 at 19:45
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Thu 31/10/02 at 16:02
"...Unicef pennies.."
Gabbo wrote:
> I wanted to go and see the Foo
> Fighters but it has sold out, but I'm going to see Feeder at the
> Birmingham Academy, should be good.

I've seen the foo fighters twice before, and really wanted to go and see them again, as IMO they are an absolutely superb live act. I was a bit peeved that they are doing an arena tour though. It'll not be the same. I'm hoping and hoping that they'll come back to the UK at a later date and do a tour of smaller venues.

I doubt it'll happen though. :(
Thu 31/10/02 at 15:55
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Rainier Wolfcastle wrote:
> I capitalised on the same offer to buy
>
> Feeder - Comfort in Sound
> Foo Fighters - One By One

These are 2 CDs I've gotta get. I wanted to go and see the Foo Fighters but it has sold out, but I'm going to see Feeder at the Birmingham Academy, should be good.

> Next on my hit list is QOTSA - Songs for the deaf. Anyone want to
> venture an opinion on this album?

Only heard this once, they played most of it before The Vines came on stage last week, it seems very good, I'll probably get this soon as well.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.