GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Brought any CD's???"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/04/02 at 21:01
Regular
If you've brought any CD's recently post them here with the name of both the artist and the actual CD.
And if you listened to it, add you favourite/least-favourite track(s) and briefly what you think of the CD overall.

I'll start off:

Today I brought:

Puddle of Mudd - Control

It's a pretty good CD, better than what I had expected. It's also quite 'grunge-like', and I can see why some people have compared them to Nirvana.
Some lyrics are quite lame like "smack my ass" but the music overall is good. And as for a favourite track, it's too early for me to say.

Vex Red - Start with a Strong and Persistant Desire

I haven't listened to this yet, but i've already heard 'Clone Jesus' and that's one reason as to why I brought it.
I also brought it as I got £5 off when I brought these 2 together! :)

What have you brought??
Thu 23/01/03 at 15:31
Regular
Got Pure hip 2003 in the post this morning.

Best album i've bought in ages. Its got some tracks from GTA 3 game radio too.
Thu 23/01/03 at 14:46
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
"Where am I suppoed to be bringing these Cd's too?"

HAR-HAR! Very funny "Mr.A*-in-English-at-GCSE-and-A-level"!

:P

Nobody's perfect.
Wed 22/01/03 at 21:33
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Sibs wrote:
> Cyclone wrote:
> Recently got Relationship Of Command by At The Drive In.
>
> Can't say I've heard much by ATDI. But I heard a song or two by The
> Mars Volta (one of the new bands featuring members of ATDI) and
> there's another band 'Sparta' with other members of ATDI in it...
>
> Just thought I'd let you know :)

I knew.

:D
Wed 22/01/03 at 21:17
Regular
allardini wrote:
> Got The Coral's self-titled album yesterday, and my sister gave me her
> Nirvana - Nevermind, cd, after convincing her that she never does
> listen to it...

Theres a reason for not listening to Nevermind, it's called overplay five years ago or so, gets mind numbingly dull now
Wed 22/01/03 at 21:08
Regular
Where am I suppoed to be bringing these Cd's too?
Wed 22/01/03 at 20:09
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Got The Coral's self-titled album yesterday, and my sister gave me her Nirvana - Nevermind, cd, after convincing her that she never does listen to it...
Wed 22/01/03 at 19:27
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Cyclone wrote:
> Recently got Relationship Of Command by At The Drive In.

Can't say I've heard much by ATDI. But I heard a song or two by The Mars Volta (one of the new bands featuring members of ATDI) and there's another band 'Sparta' with other members of ATDI in it...

Just thought I'd let you know :)
Wed 22/01/03 at 18:33
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Recently got Relationship Of Command by At The Drive In.

I want (but am saving for an IPod, so can't) Pixies - Doollittle and Weezer - Maladroit.

And maybe Golden State by Bush.
Wed 22/01/03 at 18:16
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I ordered 3 Maiden albums in November and they finally arrived the other day. Somewhere in Time, No Prayer for the Dying and Fear of the Dark. The first 2 are a bit disappointing so far but Fear of the Dark is pretty damn good.

Also got 2 LA Guns albums - 'Cocked and Reloaded' and 'Rip and Tear'. When I ordered them there was no track listing though so it wasn't until they arrived that I realised they were the same album. They have exactly the same track listning except Cocked and Reloaded has one extra hidden track (a remix of a song already on both albums). I'm not sure if one of the albums was recorded at a different time as I've not had the chance to listen to Rip and Tear yet but it's still pretty annoying. Since they were only 3.95 each though, it isn't that bad.

I'm also ordering Eddie's Archive (the Maiden box set) at the end of the week.

Gotta get some more Foo Fighters albums, a couple more Maiden ones to complete my collection, one more Guns N Roses and a few Metallica. Oh, and This Desert Life by Counting Crows - only because it's cheap really and there are a few songs on it I like.
Wed 22/01/03 at 18:10
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Just got the Kenisia CD "Crash Helmet Hoopla" CD in the post today. Listened to it once, but not a 'proper' listen. Seems okay, better than a fair bit of the ska-punk out there, but still not amazing. Seems worth the fiver I paid for it though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.