GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GAMEADAY CHALLENGE - 2 x £30 - and the WINNERS are..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/01/08 at 23:08
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Cruising home in 1st and 2nd place were....

Alfonse

and

Silent Thunder

Well done chaps, I'll see if I can get you on the winners board ASAP.

Don't forget, you can win a £30 Gameaday prize any day of the week, every week, just by chatting.

Original message:

Games Week, New Year Competition.

The TWO people who chat and post the most on the GAMES Forums between 00:01 am Saturday January 5th, and 23.59 pm on Friday January 11th will BOTH receive a £30 GAD prize. (normal rules apply)

Judging will tend to ignore spam and long purposeless posts.

Content needs to be mostly about games, as this is not intended to turn the Games Forum into a general chat room.

Good Luck

Apparently we, as a nation, spent more on games than ever in 2007. Which games were good value and which ones did you waste your money (or vouchers) on?
Sat 05/01/08 at 14:41
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
phuzzy wrote:
> Rogue Galaxy was a waste of Virgin vouchers on PS2.

:O

Take that back!! Rogue Galaxy is great!
Sat 05/01/08 at 14:13
Regular
The only game I even remember buying last year was Super Mario Galaxy which I love but don't have the money to constantly keep restocking on batteries urggh.

I recieved Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles for Christmas which is pretty fun but largely repetitive, it also lacks the option to play as Leon :| but on the upside, the upgradeable weapons are fun. As are the special moves where you tase zombies or like stick grenades in their mouths ^-^
Sat 05/01/08 at 11:55
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Rogue Galaxy was a waste of Virgin vouchers on PS2. Ham-Scottish accent did it for me.

On the other hand, Lumines Live was purchase of the month. Only £8 and absolutely brilliant. Good times.
Sat 05/01/08 at 10:34
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Tony wrote:
>
> The wife and kids bought me an Xbox 360 for my birthday, but 99%
> of the time its taken by the kids (youngsters I should say).
> Their biggest disappointment was Halo 3.

Hehe, so when they said they bought it for 'you'...

How comes Halo 3 was such a disappointment? Too much hype? I've tried to avoid reading too much about Halo 3, as hard as it is to avoid, so as not to full victim to excessive hype and feel disappointed.
Sat 05/01/08 at 10:27
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Tony wrote:
> Small posts = 1 point, Medium posts = 2 points, Strong posts = 3
> points, Strong new threads = 4 points. (roughly speaking)

Hmmmm (I might win this myself with about 10 decent posts)
Sat 05/01/08 at 10:24
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Silent Thunder wrote:
> Vexxxed will have a lovely time counting everyone's posts then?
> :-P

I'm afraid you'll have to put up with me judging this one. Small posts = 1 point, Medium posts = 2 points, Strong posts = 3 points, Strong new threads = 4 points. (roughly speaking)

> So yeah, although I haven't bought that many games the ones I
> have I've enjoyed fully.

The wife and kids bought me an Xbox 360 for my birthday, but 99% of the time its taken by the kids (youngsters I should say). Their biggest disappointment was Halo 3.
Sat 05/01/08 at 09:36
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Vexxxed will have a lovely time counting everyone's posts then? :-P

Tony wrote:
>
> Apparently we, as a nation, spent more on games than ever in
> 2007. Which games were good value and which ones did you waste
> your money (or vouchers) on?

I haven't actually got that many games since getting my 360 a while ago, still playing Oblivion and still loving it, so that was definitely not a waste. Also got Call of Duty (not 4 unfortunately, but hopefully I'll be picking it up soon with Halo 3) which was fairly good, the multiplayer was fun: smoke grenades are great! I pur-chased Brian Lara Cricket with the help of vouchers too, which is good to use when the real England are losing... unfortunately most of the time... :-/

So yeah, although I haven't bought that many games the ones I have I've enjoyed fully.
Fri 04/01/08 at 23:08
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Cruising home in 1st and 2nd place were....

Alfonse

and

Silent Thunder

Well done chaps, I'll see if I can get you on the winners board ASAP.

Don't forget, you can win a £30 Gameaday prize any day of the week, every week, just by chatting.

Original message:

Games Week, New Year Competition.

The TWO people who chat and post the most on the GAMES Forums between 00:01 am Saturday January 5th, and 23.59 pm on Friday January 11th will BOTH receive a £30 GAD prize. (normal rules apply)

Judging will tend to ignore spam and long purposeless posts.

Content needs to be mostly about games, as this is not intended to turn the Games Forum into a general chat room.

Good Luck

Apparently we, as a nation, spent more on games than ever in 2007. Which games were good value and which ones did you waste your money (or vouchers) on?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.