GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does anyone not like Max Payne (I want to know some opinions)"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/04/02 at 07:39
Regular
Last night, while I was lying down in my bed thinking, I was wondering how much I loved the game Max Payne. Dodging bullets, going into slo-mo and using some of the best weapons avaliable on a 3rd Person Shooter.

Then I wondered If anyone did'nt like the game.

If you don't like Max Payne, leave your message below and say what you don't like about it. If you love the game, tell me what you do like about it so we can get both sides of the argument (even though it isn't one!)

Please, though, only leave a messasge if you have played it before or have watched someone play it.
Mon 29/04/02 at 20:13
Max Payne is a really good game but what i don't like about it is: the cheesy comic strips, the fact that it takes 2 days to complete and u can only start on easy and you have to complete each difficulty setting to get to hard, which is boring. And also the fact that Max Payne is always got a big grin on his face, especially when he's looking at his dead wife and he's smiling...nice husband :)
Mon 29/04/02 at 21:42
"Darkness, always"
i hate first person shooters, but there are two that I love.

Hitman Codename 47 and Max Payne.

Top class games, both.
Mon 29/04/02 at 22:52
Insane Bartender wrote:
> i hate first person shooters, but there are two that I love.
>
> Hitman Codename 47 and Max Payne.
>
> Top class games, both.

hitman is supposed to be an rpg/adventure game mixed in fps. Your supposed to be a hitman who sneaks about sniping and you end up going in gunz a' blazin. It's still a good game and hopefully hitman 2 will be more about being a hitman
Tue 30/04/02 at 06:02
Regular
"Brrrrr."
Insane Bartender wrote:
> i hate first person shooters, but there are two that I love.
>
> Hitman Codename 47 and Max Payne.
>
> Top class games, both.

errrr... Max Payne is a third-person shooter...
Tue 30/04/02 at 15:19
"Darkness, always"
haWKed wrote:
> hitman is supposed to be an rpg/adventure game mixed in fps. Your
> supposed to be a hitman who sneaks about sniping and you end up going
> in gunz a' blazin. It's still a good game and hopefully hitman 2 will
> be more about being a hitman

It's all about how you play it. I find it far more rewarding to sneak around and avoid firefights. Slaughtering people one at a time with piano wire and slashed throats, rather than going full on with an Uzi 9mm is top stuff.

Plus things like causing some poor chap to have a heart attack by locking him in a steam room and turning the heat up, and poisoning people's food just rock compared to the boring alternative.

The patch rocks too, if you want to get into the firefights. With "bullet-time" a la Max Payne, it's just awesome. But yes, I am greatly lookingforward to Hitman 2.
Tue 30/04/02 at 15:24
"Darkness, always"
blahpro wrote:
> errrr... Max Payne is a third-person shooter...

well, looks like i found a spark of "intellect". Such a huge difference between the two isn't there. That difference being that in one you can see your character, and in the other you can't, the style of gameplay is the same - point and shoot.

OMFG - THIS MUST BE POINTED OUT TO EVERYONE WHO THINKS THE TWO ARE EXACTLY THE SAME - BECAUSE THEY ARE SO INCREDIBLY DIFFERENT.

This is why I hang around these forums - the intellectual stimulation. Honest.
Tue 30/04/02 at 17:23
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Eh? they are the same, you just get a different view point, and thats the whole idea, like on driving sims when your viewing from a doubledecker bus behind, your still driving the car as a first person but viewing for the 3rd persons view, simple, thats all that happens with Max payne, you just get a different view. Obviously it's a big difference, but calling Max payne a FPS wouldn't be strange. ye get meh?
Tue 30/04/02 at 19:57
"Mimmargh!"
Insane Bartender wrote:

> This is why I hang around these forums - the intellectual stimulation.
> Honest.

Don't you ever, EVER, say that again!
Fri 03/05/02 at 15:42
"Darkness, always"
Protoss wrote:
> Don't you ever, EVER, say that again!

This is why I hang around these forums, the intellectual stimulation. Honest.

WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO?????

KISS ME FAT BOY!!!

hur hur hur :P
Fri 03/05/02 at 19:58
Regular
"simpsons rule"
i have max payne it is a great game in my opinnon it is the best pc game out
it has exellent graphics and also great slow motion moves i love doging bullets and as for the jobs you have to do well they are amazinglly exellent

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.