GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does anyone not like Max Payne (I want to know some opinions)"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/04/02 at 07:39
Regular
Last night, while I was lying down in my bed thinking, I was wondering how much I loved the game Max Payne. Dodging bullets, going into slo-mo and using some of the best weapons avaliable on a 3rd Person Shooter.

Then I wondered If anyone did'nt like the game.

If you don't like Max Payne, leave your message below and say what you don't like about it. If you love the game, tell me what you do like about it so we can get both sides of the argument (even though it isn't one!)

Please, though, only leave a messasge if you have played it before or have watched someone play it.
Wed 17/04/02 at 07:39
Regular
"Brrrrr."
Last night, while I was lying down in my bed thinking, I was wondering how much I loved the game Max Payne. Dodging bullets, going into slo-mo and using some of the best weapons avaliable on a 3rd Person Shooter.

Then I wondered If anyone did'nt like the game.

If you don't like Max Payne, leave your message below and say what you don't like about it. If you love the game, tell me what you do like about it so we can get both sides of the argument (even though it isn't one!)

Please, though, only leave a messasge if you have played it before or have watched someone play it.
Wed 17/04/02 at 09:15
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
I didn't like it. Just an average shooter but with slow mo added in as a gimmic. Plus the nighmare levels were to weird.
Wed 17/04/02 at 11:54
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I think Max Payne is one of the best action games in my collection. The use of bullet time doesn't seem to make the game as repetative for me, as it would have without it.

I also downloaded a cool mod where you can play through the game in the Neo skin, have unlimited bullet time, get loads of new weapons including a flamethrower and mini-gun and get the loby shoot out level. Get it at this link because it make playing the game much more enjoyable.

http://www.maxpayneheadquarters.com/dlfile.php?file_id=160
Wed 17/04/02 at 16:02
"Uzi Lover"
Before Max Payne was released and after first hearing about it I brought the .co.uk address.

I kept reading about the game and was hopnig to do something with the address as the game just seemed excellent...and it was for about a few days.

The game has to be one of the shortest I have ever played, I completed it so quickly. The bullet-time was good but it got a bit tedouis after a few levels.

This game really could of been alot better if more time was added for newer levels in the story mode, it all went so quickly. There wasn't enough replay value either, since I completed it I havent gone back and deleted off my PC.

I've heard theres a film coming out though...
Wed 17/04/02 at 16:46
Regular
"Brrrrr."
The only bit out of the whole game that I did't like was the Nightmare levels. They were quite boring at times... and freaky!...
Wed 17/04/02 at 17:56
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
That games great, I love diving foward shooting, got quite annoying at one point after the weird Satan worsphipers (think it's the second level) I had next to no life and there were looooads of bad guys, kicks ash watching all those bullets fly around the room though.
Wed 17/04/02 at 18:03
Regular
"A man with a stick"
My favourite level in Max Payne is the car park shoot out. Cars blowing up, vans with goons inside shooting at you, and tons of enemies to slaughter. Its just like a proper action film except your the one in the thick of the action. Thats whats great about the game.
Wed 17/04/02 at 19:24
"Mimmargh!"
blahpro wrote:
> The only bit out of the whole game that I did't like was the Nightmare
> levels. They were quite boring at times... and freaky!...

The nightmare levels were very clever. The way it was blurred and swayed was very reminisent of a real dream.

The storyline was like that of a film but the game is very short and with no multiplayer options thats a tough break.

Also with PC Gamer I got a Kung-fu mod...very good but doesn't really change the game in any radical ways.
Wed 17/04/02 at 19:51
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Protoss wrote:
> Also with PC Gamer I got a Kung-fu mod...very good but doesn't really
> change the game in any radical ways.

Check the link I put up a few posts down, Its one of the best Max Payne mods I've played, and its set around the Matrix. Quality.
Wed 17/04/02 at 19:52
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
The narration and in-game conversations (and Max's voice) captured the mood perfectly. Not too sure about the 'Nightmare levels' (as someone 'round here's dubbed them).
Personally, I was in it for one thing - the action. Just a shame it was half the length it should've been.

By the way, thanks for the mod addy cipro! I'm on me way!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.