GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Standard Mail Servers and Unlimited Hosting - 24/07/2015... "

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/07/15 at 19:18
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
All suddenly 'bombed' ... 19:05

Mail from some addresses seems to be ok ... a password was required.
Sat 25/07/15 at 11:09
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
I'm using IP's as the bypasses DNS, should that have problems. So you can go from 81.27.92.70 - 79.
And yes I'm on the same type of FTTC connection as you.
Sat 25/07/15 at 11:04
"Are you sure?"
Strange.
I'm using the URL of sites hosted on server 2 and they start timing out after ringo-snorky.c4l.co.uk [109.104.114.49].

I've just tested 3 different server 2 websites and they all act the same.

Are you using the URL or using an IP address?
Also are you currently on a similar connection to me?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 25/07/15 at 10:51
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
I've just done traces and pings to all 10 servers and all worked as expected. They are all setup the same so I'm not sure why you'd be getting different results.
Sat 25/07/15 at 10:35
"Are you sure?"
Phew!
Thanks for the updates.

When the issue began I started a tracert to see where things were failing - I started to timeout when I reached the C4L network.

I notice this morning that some of the standard webservers allow ping and tracert and others look like they are blocked.

Is this permanent or just part of the recovery steps?

It's not just server 2, webserver 0 looks like this as well, while others allow ping/tracert?

Not a problem but it sometimes helps to know how things are setup. Occasionally while helping with internet connection issues I'll ping one of my sites to see if there's a connection - if these are permanent blocks on some servers obviously this will catch me out.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 25/07/15 at 09:29
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
The block on freeolaweb2 has now been lifted. Hopefully the DDoS won't return!
Fri 24/07/15 at 23:35
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Eccles wrote:
Edit: I updated the thread title DL, hope you don't mind. It's just that this covers more the just the Free Mail platform.

No problem Eccles ... you carry on your sterling work, don't mind me :¬)
Fri 24/07/15 at 22:53
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Several Gbps of DDoS traffic was being directed at one server. It's anyone's guess why! At the moment it's still being blocked at the network edge but we can't remove the block as the traffic will just swamp everything again (the main purpose of a DDoS attack), So it's a waiting game until whoever is carrying out the DDoS gets bored and gives up.

Edit: I updated the thread title DL, hope you don't mind. It's just that this covers more the just the Free Mail platform.
Fri 24/07/15 at 22:25
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Still being looked into I'm afraid. Just going to call the NOC and then I'll update here.
Fri 24/07/15 at 21:58
"Are you sure?"
Any idea of a time for webserver 2?

Thanks.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 24/07/15 at 20:17
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Not ;¬)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.