GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Email Maintenance 20/02/2015 - Ongoing"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/02/15 at 10:36
Regular
Getting a "no connection to server" message when I try to retrieve my e-mails. Is the fault .
Sat 21/02/15 at 22:50
Regular
Before correcting my £60. I pay for broadband and several sets of VIP hosting. Mail has not been available for any of these domains. Call it free if you like, I call in part of the package.
Sat 21/02/15 at 22:48
Regular
And BT business FIBRE INFINITY, 25 + vat, with an uptime guarantee.

i think I've made my mind up
Sat 21/02/15 at 22:46
Regular
Quote from admin at 22:00pm
The mail transfer has now completed and the new server is now available for pop access. Mail that has been received over the last 24 hours has been queued and is now being processed. This may take some time.

Well 22:35, and still no access to incoming or outgoing mail despite the statement that servers are available. Why lie!!!!

Just give honest updates. I too have lost hundreds of pounds in business through no mail contact. 6 to 8 hours is nothing like 26 hours so far and counting (the cost).

I pay over £60 a month for this dire service, we'll make that used to, as you have lost me as well, not for the outage but the misinformation.

I look a right incomptent fool telling customers my mail will be back up in 1 then 2 then 4 hours then God knows when, and not replying to orders when I didn't know they had come in.

Seriously sad affair.
Sat 21/02/15 at 22:42
Regular
Broadband MAX Pro Standard Charge ~25 Quid
Sat 21/02/15 at 22:37
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
We do not offer an e-mail service for £30 a month. We do offer EmailPro and Email Freedom. These are just £2 per month. We also offer free e-mail hosting. This maintenance affected our Freedom e-mail and free e-mail hosting. It do not affect our EmailPro platform.
As per the status page we have now finished copying mail and service has now resumed. There will be a delay with mail received over the maintenance period as this now needs to be processed.
Sat 21/02/15 at 22:32
Regular
I'm paying the best part of £30 a month for this. For that money I could get a business rated service from another provider.

freeola has become a joke. For the last 24 hours I have been out of email contact with my subcontractors working in the US. I can't begin to work out what this is costing me. This is the second time this has happened in the last few months.

I should have left a couple of years ago when freeola threatened to cut me off for checking my emails once per minute, and insisted I cut it back to once every ten minutes. Do you realise how that looks, freeola, when a customer sends me an email during a 'phone conversation and I have to tell them to hang on for ten minutes before I can receive it.
And this isn't a FREE service we're talking about - I bought it as a professional hosting / ISP / email service.

So, bye bye freeola. And I won't be recommending you.
Sat 21/02/15 at 22:13
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Eccles wrote:
I have updated the thread title and the service status page.
The transfer process is fairly complex and due to the fact we are transferring from a third party some information that would assist us in providing a better estimate as to how long the whole process will take is not available to us.
Unfortunately the progress information the servers are providing is a bit like MS Window progress (it says one hour, you wait 10 minutes and this has now doubled).
This maintenance is necessary, we cannot delay it and once it's all done the infrastructure will be run by us.

Nice one Eccles ... all up and running fast here!

Not your fault ...
Sat 21/02/15 at 21:12
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
I have updated the thread title and the service status page.
The transfer process is fairly complex and due to the fact we are transferring from a third party some information that would assist us in providing a better estimate as to how long the whole process will take is not available to us.
Unfortunately the progress information the servers are providing is a bit like MS Window progress (it says one hour, you wait 10 minutes and this has now doubled).
This maintenance is necessary, we cannot delay it and once it's all done the infrastructure will be run by us.
Sat 21/02/15 at 21:12
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
booms dad wrote:
It's ok to upgrade, but this work must have been programmed some time ago. Why could you not have advised customers when you sent the monthly invoice?
It's been nearly 24 hours now and still no word from you since the last (unhelpful) update at 1600.
Surely you must have some inkling of when the transfer will be completed or must we wait a further 24 hours before service is restored. Oh, and no, it's not exactly free but included in our normal service fees!

There is no need to 'nit pick' due to frustration etc. Freeola's 'network service' announcements have appeared but have never been precise or regularly updated ... this you have to live with.

As for the service ... I can't fault it ... and I've been here a lot longer than my forum posts indicate.

It takes time and things frustrate but it'll happen ... sometime ;¬)
Sat 21/02/15 at 20:50
Regular
Eccles wrote:
Hello,
This type of maintenance is always going to inconvenience users, there is not a lot we can do to prevent that I'm afraid. Instead we've tried to perform the maintenance at the quietest time of the week (going by server traffic). We posted advanced notification of this maintenance on our network status page. It would not have been practical to notify e-mail account holders individually. We are moving all data from a 3rd party platform to ours but there are many factors affecting how fast this can happen and we've been working hard since late last night to make it happen. Please bear with us and my apologies for the inconvenience caused.

It's ok to upgrade, but this work must have been programmed some time ago. Why could you not have advised customers when you sent the monthly invoice?
It's been nearly 24 hours now and still no word from you since the last (unhelpful) update at 1600.
Surely you must have some inkling of when the transfer will be completed or must we wait a further 24 hours before service is restored. Oh, and no, it's not exactly free but included in our normal service fees!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.