GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Diary of the DESTINY Beta"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/07/14 at 11:03
Regular
"Cogito Ergo Pwn."
Over the next week or so I will post a day by day account of my experiences of the Destiny Beta on PS4.

There's not a lot for me to say about the Beta apart from this is me right now.

For now, just in case you are interested, here are some Collector Card codes for the Game...

Warlock: YKA-RJG-MH9
Hunter: 3DA-P4X-F6A
Titan: MVD-4N3-NKH
Rixis: TCN-HCD-TGY
Old-Russia: HDX-ALM-V4K
Hive: 473-MXR-3X9
Moon: JMR-LFN-4A3
Gjallorhorn: HC3-H44-DKC
Duke MK.44: 69P-KRM-JJA
The Tower: 69P-VCH-337
The Hive: Ogre 69R-CKD-X7L
Valley of the Kings, Mars: 69R-DDD-FCP
The Fallen: 69R-F99-AXG
Red Death: 69R-VL7-J6A
The Cabal: 69X-DJN-74V
The Devastated Coast, Venus: 6A7-7NP-3X7
Vex Minotaur: 6A9-DTG-YGN

I'm not completely sure what they'll unlock but they're there if you want them.

Anyway, this is D-1. I'll let you know how Day 1 goes tomorrow.

PS: If anyone wants to join me my PSN Id is Alta_Ranga,
Fri 08/08/14 at 10:21
"possibly impossible"
dav2612 wrote:
I've no interest in Destiny but I've read through this out of interest. Is it wrong that "moon pies" caught more of my attention more than anything to do with the game?

heh. Moon Pies are ok, standard American confectionery (ie a bit too sweet and sickly)
Fri 08/08/14 at 09:55
Regular
"And in last place.."
I've no interest in Destiny but I've read through this out of interest. Is it wrong that "moon pies" caught more of my attention more than anything to do with the game?
Thu 07/08/14 at 23:31
"possibly impossible"
DL wrote:
pb wrote:
[i]What? I didn't say you were lying. It's just no one on Earth bar Bungie themselves played Destiny on Xbox prior to 22nd August. That's pretty much a fact.

pb ... we haven't even got to 22nd August yet, unless I'm, as usual, in a different time zone ;¬)

pc version will happen [/i]

:). I meant July, of course!
Thu 07/08/14 at 22:22
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pb wrote:
What? I didn't say you were lying. It's just no one on Earth bar Bungie themselves played Destiny on Xbox prior to 22nd August. That's pretty much a fact.

pb ... we haven't even got to 22nd August yet, unless I'm, as usual, in a different time zone ;¬)

pc version will happen
Thu 07/08/14 at 21:07
"possibly impossible"
DL wrote:
Who cares? ;¬)

I'll be a Guardian if it arrives on pc!

Annoyingly Bungie have said they have no plans for a PC version as yet. It doesn't make much sense, given that the game seems a perfect fit. Still, just give it time...
Thu 07/08/14 at 21:03
"possibly impossible"
chasfh wrote:
Well, obviously then I feel the need to lie to big up a console I have no investment in against another console in which I have no investment in for some lame attempt to make it look better than it is...

What gave me away? My obvious lack of interest in owning either of them perhaps?

Or my continued commentary on how there hasn't really been a console worth having since the N64?

Or perhaps I just don't really know what happened in my house over the past couple of weeks.

I must have been watching moon pies and fairy dust then....

What? I didn't say you were lying. It's just no one on Earth bar Bungie* themselves played Destiny on Xbox prior to 22nd July.

I'm not on any 'side' of any console either, I'm as happy playing my Xbox 360 as I am my Xbox One, Playstation 3 and 4, GameCube, original Xbox Saturn or, of course, my PC.

These things seem to get out of hand on the internet because there's a lack of context to text over speech, but no offence was meant, just pointing out the actual dates of the beta. As I said before, I played on Xbox One and PS4 and, aside from the dates, there was no difference.

*possibly a few Microsoft employees or game testers working at Bungie, but you get the idea.
Thu 07/08/14 at 20:33
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Who cares? ;¬)

I'll be a Guardian if it arrives on pc!
Thu 07/08/14 at 18:48
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Well, obviously then I feel the need to lie to big up a console I have no investment in against another console in which I have no investment in for some lame attempt to make it look better than it is...

What gave me away? My obvious lack of interest in owning either of them perhaps?

Or my continued commentary on how there hasn't really been a console worth having since the N64?

Or perhaps I just don't really know what happened in my house over the past couple of weeks.

I must have been watching moon pies and fairy dust then....
Thu 07/08/14 at 18:27
"possibly impossible"
Xbox beta started on 22nd July, it was due to start on 23rd. There was no Xbox Beta until 22nd July and even then you needed the codes until a few days later. That quote clearly stated that the Xbox beta started on 22nd and was due to start on 23rd.

". On July 22, maintenance was completed ahead of schedule,[7] and the Beta became available for Xbox 360 and Xbox One platforms, which were originally scheduled to gain access on July 23."

I know this because I was waiting to get access with the codes on Xbox like everyone else and even asked Activision if there was early access to it for press.

So the PS4/PS3 version was only off for one full day and this was completed early, which also let Bungie release the game on 22nd for Xbox instead of 23rd.
Thu 07/08/14 at 15:21
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
pb wrote:
I started earlier on PS4 as an exclusive; July 17-28 on PS3 and PS4, July 23-28 on Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Then 2 days planned downtime to work on feedback for PS4/PS3 beta on 21st and 22nd.

"The Destiny Public Beta began on July 17, 2014 for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 platforms,[6] before going offline for maintenance on July 21 and 22. On July 22, maintenance was completed ahead of schedule,[7] and the Beta became available for Xbox 360 and Xbox One platforms, which were originally scheduled to gain access on July 23.[8] On July 24, 2014, Bungie opened the Beta for free download to all players on all platforms, with no code redemption necessary.[9] The Beta officially closed on July 27 at 6:30pm PDT.[8][10]"

...Still don't get it. My boy played from the 17th right through. Watched him do it. He even took time off work for it. So did his mate.

Your extract there doesn't specify WHEN the xbox beta began, only when it was "scheduled". It states that the beta was opened to everybody a few days later (which I recall my son swearing about profusely!)

So, I say again...

A full ten days for xbox, two days missing for PS4....

Not sure why you wouldn't have seen the same.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.