GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PlayStation"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/04/00 at 01:46
Regular
OK OK.... don't know if yo have noticed it but the PSX is one of the worst computers for build quality.

It may clearly be the BEST EVER for quality of games, but there is no point in all the games if the thing don't work.

From day 1 Sony have had to make constant changes to there little bundle of joy.

EVERY ONE i know with a playstation has had a least one problem with it. The common one being a piece of plastice flying off the middle.

By PSX does all of this, over heat, crash, bits of plastic braking off, works slow, can't read CD probley, etc. But the worst thing is i have NEVER cause any damage to the playstation or CDs. The only reason for these problems is cheap components.

Oh and guess what... I phoned up sony and they wanted £40 and my working (just) playstation for a recondintioned one, CHEEK, i could by a brand new one for £70 in specail reserve.

ANY WAY...all i really want is for sony to use better quality parts in the PSX2 'cause i am tired with th PSX being so cheap....

AND TO THE DELEVOPERS, good work keep it up y'all
Page:
Sun 08/10/00 at 20:42
Damn
Sun 08/10/00 at 18:32
Regular
I hate NOM, I brought it once or twice, and never approched it again. BUT. They are right, Nintendo did sell the rights to the playstation to Sony, it WAS meant to be the cd addon for the SNES.
Sun 08/10/00 at 15:08
The PlayStation is not a Nintendo invention at all - if it was, they would have sued Sony by now.
The fact that you read the Official Nintendo Magazine just proves your ignorance. The fact that you call the Sony PlayStation 'the Fony GreyStation' proves that, not only are you amused by insanely simplistic humour, but you also have to steal other peoples awful jokes just to rub it in. And the fact you bow down to some guy named Dave McComb just because he spends his life reading up inane Nintendo facts and figures (presumably at the cost of a social life) does not even need comment.
I think I've made my point.
Sun 08/10/00 at 12:33
I am selling my Dreamcast with:
3 controllers
1 VM Unit
1 Light gun
5 games: Crazy Taxi, House of the Dead, Power Stone, Toy Commander and Resident Evil C:V
All of this is in good condition with instructions.
I am selling all of this for only £220 but if this has been up for a month I will sell at £200. If you are intrested please e-mail me at [email protected] or reply to message but Ill get it sooner by e-mail.
Richard Turner
Fri 06/10/00 at 23:12
I'm sorry parents, friends, and major religious figures, but I'm about to advocate war. There are far too many boring games that suck in this world, I'm happy that Army Men 3D gives me that chance to kill someone, even if they are made of plastic.
The Tans have waged war against the Greens again and they're attacking in force. You play Sarge, the Green army sergeant, and you are fighting back, Rambo-style. HQ needs you for various missions ranging from saving captured Green troops, recovering secret information, sabotaging Tan equipment and generally just kicking Tan tail.

To aid you in your missions, you are armed with an arsenal of weapons, including bazookas, grenades, flame-throwers and a bunch more. Also, there are several vehicles that you can use to run over people or blow up things. Groovy.

Creeping around and evading enemies proves that war can be fun and easy. Okay, maybe not easy, but not super difficult either. You'll find, however, that even after you get the hang of the controls, you'll still feel a bit limited in movement. I spent a lot of time sitting behind rocks wishing I was able to strafe, a move that has become common in most other games. Also, the vehicles are very difficult to control and often hinder, rather than help the missions.

Creeping around Tan territory gave me the eerie feeling of being alone in a real war, a feeling aided by the best bits of the 'spooky' music in the game. Unfortunately, the music mix could not always produce that sense of impending doom. While the military-style music was good, some of the "smurfy" kids tunes were irritating.

Let me just say this: I got hooked on Army Men 3D. I liked the feeling of taking on an entire army of Tan People. Even when I died and had to start the mission over, I eagerly tried again. I'm not saying I did not get frustrated (believe me, brother, I did), but I had fun. It's too bad that the game is so short (about 18 levels), because I really wanted more.

And it took me a while to get hooked because of the worst part of the game: the graphics. I was able to become accustomed to the lousy graphics because I enjoyed the game concept, but I'm sure others will not be as forgiving.

The graphics are murky at best. It is often difficult to determine whether or not the object in the distance is in fact a stationary Tan soldier or just an innocent cactus.

The game camera also poses some problems. The camera follows Sarge, but sometimes canyon walls, high brush or trees get in the way and cover the screen. I enjoyed the perspective, but sometimes had to wiggle around until I could see again. Often this would result in my getting shot. And getting shot is never cool.

I feel that this is one of those cases where one should not judge a book by its cover. There is so much good stuff hiding under those sketchy graphics and awkward movements. But graphics and control are also key to a good game. So despite the fact that there is no other game like Army Men 3D out there, in the end I can't give it a strong recommendation.
Wed 04/10/00 at 18:15
Regular
Um. The £20 is for the deposit. Not for the console.
Wed 04/10/00 at 16:03
If anyone has a Turbo Controller go on to Track and Field 2 for the PSX and go into the javelin event. Get full power and throw the javelin at a degrees of 70+. The javelin will then hit a UFO and bring it Crashing down in front of you.
Wed 04/10/00 at 08:00
OK think what computers can do (exept play games)that a PSX cant do eg.writing documents,down load games of internet.ect

thats y pcs are more popular than PSX

ps. i do like PSX's more than pc's its just i wanted to give u a reason y pc's r more popular than PSX's
Wed 04/10/00 at 07:45
OK think what computers can do (exept play games)that a PSX cant do eg.writing documents,down load games of internet.ect

thats y pcs are more popular than PSX

ps. i do like PSX's more than pc's its just i wanted to give u a reason y pc's r more popular than PSX's
Wed 04/10/00 at 07:33
cd's are much better cos u can copy them its even better if your computer can copy cos u copy some of your freinds games
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.