GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hitman 2 - Did you think it was good?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Hitman 2'.
Sat 12/10/02 at 20:43
Regular
I have now completed Hitman 2 and i must say i'm pretty pleased with it. I did expect it to be a bit longer but it is quite good, plus i like going back to the other levels and playing them in a totally different way. Plus i like the idea where you have to earn each weapon where you have the finish the level with that weapon in your possesion for it to go into your weapon shed. I don't know whether many people got this game but those who did i wondered what you though of it?
Mon 21/10/02 at 13:50
Regular
"Bobba you"
My mate got it on Saturday for his b-day. It seems pretty good, nice graphics and stuff but the controls are bloody hard to get used too.
Sun 20/10/02 at 23:15
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
yeah but wookie monster, the first sicily level I'd say is one of the worst levels on the game, the following ones where you have to assasinate two guys in a park and run around a hotel chopping people with axes are much better.

Personally I think it was stupid putting that sicily one first.
Sun 20/10/02 at 22:47
"High polygon count"
I played the demo of Hitman 2 and didn't like it at all.

Also found TS2 to be far better than RF2.

But hey, it's personal preference.
Sat 19/10/02 at 10:08
Regular
"Sturb du sweine"
Timesplitters 2 isn't as good as RFD2(Red Faction 2)so many people who have played on both of them ave said.
Sat 19/10/02 at 10:06
Regular
"Sturb du sweine"
Hitmans one sweet game an u have gotta get used to the controls but after that its so fun.There so many different scenarios and the options available are amazing.
Sat 19/10/02 at 09:21
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
It was okay, but the fact you can blast through it all without bothering about stealth on all but the hardest difficulty made it pointless. Even playing it stealthily was sooooo tedious, takes a small age for the Postman to reach the front gate on the first level, for example. Traded it in at Gamestation and got Pikmin on the GC instead, sure it's easy, but its really different and makes a change from blasting people, Timesplitters 2 excels at that :)

~~Belldandy~~
Fri 18/10/02 at 22:25
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I think the concept is good, but the controles were to tricky for me.
Fri 18/10/02 at 22:06
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I played the demo earlier. Pretty tricky to get to grips with, but I did enjoy taking out a fleeing man carrying flowers with the sniper and then blowing away a mafia dude with a shotgun.
Fri 18/10/02 at 20:50
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Well i got the game last Saturday, by Monday i had finished it for the first time, maybe my own fault as i wasnt exactly stealthy first time threw. Now i have started again, and am taking a much more stealthy route on the hardest level option, and it is much more of a better game this way.

How would i rate the game?

Some of you think it may be the best game thats come out for a while, which if you think that, its fine, me on the other hand, while its a very good game, there was nothing really new here that made me feel that this game beats the likes of one game that everyone at some stage will compare it to, MGS2.

Pretty much most of the gameplay has all been done before, they just took the liberty of adding a few neat little features like taking someones clothes to bypass the security and so on, a good idea, and its quite well applied. But other than this, theres not really anything thats totally new that made it stand out for me. Graphics, sound, and the gameplay are all pretty much top notch, you cant really fault the game much (though i thought the story line was pretty lack less). On whole though, personallu i think its a little bit average, think someone told me it got 9 ratings in some mags? I would have given it 7, or 8 at most.

Worth a play of course, but the game could have been taken further im sure.
Fri 18/10/02 at 20:39
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
agent under fire wrote:
> I don't know about that one. I had a look and its not even on the
> FAQ's so maybe its not a weapon. Still having problems with getting
> Silent Assassin, i must really suck at this game. I get the car bombs
> and plant it on the general's car and then i tried to plant the other
> car bomb on the other car but everyone started shooting me so then i
> retried and this time just tried snipering mafia boss from cathedral
> and letting the other car bomb do its work but all the guards for some
> reason came up the cathedral. Oh well, i'll keep tryin.

*CONTAINS SPOILERS* *GUIDE* *YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED*.
I'll try to remember the best as I can here, go down the manhole to the right of the dumpsters where you get the weapons from. Now go to the manhole to the very top of the map and then look at the map for the green circle by the car. The circle is the chauffeur, wait till he comes to you and kill him and nick his clothes, now you can plant the car bomb on the car in front of the cathedral easily. Now go back down the manhole you came out of and head for the area marked with the point of interest icon (Radio Tower) kill the copper patrolling around the door for the tower and then climb the tower and use the sniper rifle (drop your rifle down the sewers at the beginning of level.) to kill one of your targets(The one with the glasses) and the other will run to the car and boom. Now find the exit(your boat).

HOPE THAT HELPS.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.