GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Conspiracy Theory"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 31/03/02 at 19:05
Regular
I'm sick to death of people saying that the Apollo 11 moon landings never happened. Everyone I talk to about it is convinced that it was all a hoax. So here I am to put this to rest once and for all, and stop people p*ssing over one of mankinds greatest acheivments.

1) THE LAUNCH

The rocket must have been launched. There is no way it wasn't launched. Thousands of people were at the launch, every telescope in range in the world was trained on the rocket. And there would have been special interest from the Soviet Union, who would be keeping a very close eye on the mission, using any slip up to make ridicule of the United States. It launched, and went into space. There is no possible argument to that. It is proved beyond reasonable doubt.

2) THE LANDING

The proof for this is the same as for the launch. It simply would have been noticed if the rocket hadn't landed. And if anyone thinks that the CIA, FBI or any other government organisation could have covered it up, then they are deluding themselves. They would like you to think that they have that much power, but they don't, and can't have. It just isn't possbile. So, they definitely landed on the moon. No arguments, it's proof beyond reasonable (And most unreasonable) doubt.

3) THE VIDEO

The main point of most people who claim that the landing was a hoax is based around the video footage from the mission. Well, let me point out that even if the footage is fake, it is no proof whatsoever that there was no moon landing. It just means the footage is fake.
I can quite imagine a pannicky government trying to avoid the embarrasment of getting all the way to the moon and then not being able to transmit their video for one reason or another. They may well have created the video as a mock up as a solution, to let them avoid embarrasment. But, lets face it, there is no proof that the video is fake, and nobody here has gone to the moon, so they really can't say whether it looks like the lunar surface or not.
But, whether it is fake or not, it is neither proof for or against the lunar landing.

Now that I have given this, the logical and correct (Beyond most doubt) occurance of things, lets see what other 'Conspiracies' we can put a stop to (But please not the JFK one, I'm sick to death of that).
Tue 30/04/02 at 19:19
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Fake video footage does not mean no landing. It just means no landing footage.

You can't prove the moon landing was impossible just by virtue of moaning about how the video was subjected to more radiation than Chernobyl. If you were in charge, wouldn't you feel a bit of a wally if the video didn't come through?

So you'd have some 'backup', right?
Tue 30/04/02 at 19:10
Lawless Fever wrote:
> By the way, don't think I'm trying to prove people wrong. I for one
> think that it's quite possible that there was a moon landing, but am
> just trying to spark a discussion with my 'evidence'...and maybe start
> an argument ;D
>
> You presented some good points in that post, the best I've seen so
> far, in fact.

That's very nice of you to say so. Anyone who respects my points AND tries to start an argument is alright by me ;)
Fri 26/04/02 at 21:53
Ugly Bob wrote:
> First of all, I would like to discount everything that Zaphod and
> Gurning said for reasons that should be obvious...

Well, Gurning and Zaphod are now banned - may there damned souls rot in hell.
>
> Secondly, I'd like to say that I still don't believe that the video is
> a fake, even after the evidence (or should I say 'conjecture')
> presented to me. There are logical reasons for all the 'discrepencies'
> that appear in the video. But this is, however, not the point.

By the way, don't think I'm trying to prove people wrong. I for one think that it's quite possible that there was a moon landing, but am just trying to spark a discussion with my 'evidence'...and maybe start an argument ;D

You presented some good points in that post, the best I've seen so far, in fact.
Fri 26/04/02 at 21:48
First of all, I would like to discount everything that Zaphod and Gurning said for reasons that should be obvious (Camera was attached to the side of the spaceship, Flag was supported by wire, because without wind it wouldn't wave, and there's no point in a limp flag.)

Secondly, I'd like to say that I still don't believe that the video is a fake, even after the evidence (or should I say 'conjecture') presented to me. There are logical reasons for all the 'discrepencies' that appear in the video. But this is, however, not the point.

As I did say before, a fake video amounts to absolutely ZERO proof against the landing taking place. I don't believe it is a fake, but that is irrelevant. And I ask anyone to give me even the slightest shred of evidence that there was no moon landing (baring in mind that the video is irrelevant).

I know it cost a lot of money for the US to send it to the moon, but as people have pointed out, they were far more concerned with getting one up on the soviets. And also, it would have cost them infinitely more to NOT send it to the moon. That is if it is not impossible, which it probably is.

And, something that has recently come to my attention, in a later lunar landing, with video footage that is almost universally accepted as genuine, you can see the remnants of the Apollo 11 mission (flag, debris, etc.) Now, that sounds to me like evidence for the landing.

Even if there is no satisfactory evidence, it has proved by pure and simple Logic that they must have gone to the moon. It would litterally have been impossible (and if not that, then far too much hassle) not to send them.
Thu 25/04/02 at 18:22
As I said, I HAVE supplied evidence though, in the pictures below! Anyway, yes, I can imagine them turning to stone as they saw their mistakes, and I also think that a LOT of people were fired! If they did it now, we'd never even suspect a fake landing, because of the photo editing tools and movie magic they can apply, and CGI makes it even harder!
Thu 25/04/02 at 17:31
I have seen much proof against the landing but I was trying to say supply us with proof for the landing. I don't think I worded it correctly :).
But yes I love those pictures, you can imagine their faces once they had released them then noticed multi directional shadows and other stuff. I bet someone got fired !!
Thu 25/04/02 at 08:30
Read my below post for all the "proof" you want ;D
Wed 24/04/02 at 22:30
Zaphod...excellent point, who was behind the camera?? Marvin the Martian?
I have reasons to doubt and reasons to believe. One reason for me to believe is the simple fact that I want to. But, Ugly Bob, say for instance I was a stout disbeliever, you went no closer to proving the theory to be flawed .

Give us some proof !!!
Wed 24/04/02 at 18:51
Ugly Bob wrote:
ut, lets face it, there is no proof that the video is
> fake, and nobody here has gone to the moon, so they really can't say
> whether it looks like the lunar surface or not.

Well, there have been many pictures proving that the video is fake, such as the ones below:

http://batesmotel.8m.com/nasa.gif
http://batesmotel.8m.com/nasa2.gif
http://batesmotel.8m.com/nasa3.gif
http://batesmotel.8m.com/nasa4.gif
http://batesmotel.8m.com/nasa7.gif
http://batesmotel.8m.com/nasa8.gif
http://batesmotel.8m.com/nasa9.gif
http://batesmotel.8m.com/nasa10.gif

Here's the reasons the site (http://batesmotel.8m.com) gave:

"MONEY. NASA gathered about 30 billion dollars pretending to go to the moon. That means that someone is getting a lot of money in their pockets.

ATTENTION. If you ever saw the movie "Wag the Dog", the president has sexual relations with a 12 year old. This information goes out to the media 1 week before elections. So, to get the publics mind off of the little Girl, the president stages a war with Albania. The moon shots were the same concept. People did not like what was going on with the Vietnam war, so, to get the publics mind off of all the bad things going on in Vietnam, the US faked a moon landing. If you check your dates, we abruptly stopped going to the moon around the same time the Vietnam War Ended. (

TO WIN THE SPACE RACE -- Back in the late 60's early 70's, Russia and the US were in a heated battle to see, well, pretty much who was better. Once the US realized that they couldn't send a man to the moon, they couldn't just say, "OK Russia, we give up."

Interesting read. So, was the landing fake? Come on, let's get a heated debate going!
Wed 24/04/02 at 11:39
also between us and the moon there is a lot of radiation i dont belive that some flimsey aluminium could protect u from it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.