GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Worth getting a 360 yet?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/05/06 at 09:32
"possibly impossible"
Ok, just sold my Xbox and am thinking of getting a 360 at the beginning of next month.

Have any hardware bugs been fixed by now? Do you think it would be worth getting one now or waiting? My Xbox Live account is ticking down too, so without an Xbox it's being wasted.

GAME have a good pack available; the full pack + Fight Night and PGR3 for £319.99
Sun 28/05/06 at 09:35
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I ordered mine 3 days ago, just waiting on the postie to crumple it all through my letterbox.

The main incentive was my gfx card giving me VPU recovery errors at random times during FFXI on PC, so switching over to console and avoiding crouching over my keyboard into the wee hours while my hand turns mouse-shaped was a no-brainer, especially considering Forza 2 is in the works.

I'll only be using XBox Live Silver to start, I'll probably get the Gold service when Forza 2 comes out or if anything else catches my eye meantime.
Sun 28/05/06 at 13:54
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I sold all of my 360 games last week. I need the money for something else, and I'd grown bored of them all. PD0 was a truly awful game and I only managed to sit through two plays of it before I became bored. COD2 was awesome, but way too short and a bit repetitive. Tony Hawks was an alright game, but looked barely any better than the Xbox version.

Now is probably the time to get a 360 as there are finally some better games creeping onto the market. I quite like the look of that Test Drive game. Driving around Hawaii in a bunch of nice cars is rather appealing.

I have a console with no games though. Great stuff.
Sat 03/06/06 at 05:50
Regular
"8==="
If any of the online games really grab you then get one now, otherwise I'd wait ande get an Xbox again as there's plenty of time to play the 360 offline titles and plenty of cheap gems about for the original box.
Sat 03/06/06 at 05:55
Regular
"8==="
pb wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> Viva Pinata is the future!
>
> It looks so weird that it could well be true...

Yep, Rare are back to their habit of combining previously individual genre's again: a gardening game (Harvest Moon) combined with a creature rearing game (Pokemon) and of course there's Rare's weird approach to the graphics as usual. :)

Will I be buying a 360 just to play it? Nope. :P
Wed 14/06/06 at 20:33
Regular
"Mooching around"
Bullett wrote:
> Can't say I've had any heat or noise issues.
>
> I'd say grab one now - all the good games are coming out in the
> next 6 Months:
>
> Gears of War
> Lost Planet
> Splinter Cell 4
> Rainbow Six Vegas
> etc.

I'm really tempted to get a 360 now, the price tag of the PS3 is actually rather upsetting.

But it just seems to me, that all their "good" games are just FPS ones...
Wed 14/06/06 at 21:12
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I hooked it up the other night and played it for the first time and the noise was the first thing i noticed, sounded just like my PC booting up, quite a change after my nice quiet PS2.
Wed 05/07/06 at 18:04
Regular
"nooblet"
Its quite expensive, and the other consoles are just about to be released (this year) I would say wait untill the other ones are out.
But, its a good console. Im not really fond of all of the games out right now for it.
There is graw, and stuff, but the games are expensive.
Fri 21/07/06 at 14:33
Regular
I've gone off console gaming a bit at the minute, apart from gunning the multiplayer on some of my Xbox titles. Haven't played a game of single-player on anything in quite a long while. That's also due to San Andreas not working =c(

Yeah, anyway, if I do buy a 360 it'll be after they've gone down below the £200 mark and after I've seen what the PS3 has to offer.

As has been said, at the minute the games are pretty dire. Though they're more graphical showcases and just instantly playable, it's still not what was promised by Microsoft for the launch. Even all these months later no titles leap out at me. Could also be because I don't like racing games like PGR though =\
Fri 21/07/06 at 15:45
"possibly impossible"
Well, having fun with my 360. I wouldn't agree that the games were dire, certainly none of the ones I have are. Other than the (great) racing games, Kameo is fun, Table Tennis is excellent, LOTR is great (though would benefit from HDTV), Dead or Alive 4 is nice, Oblivion is great (what I've played of it).

But yeah, I guess it depends on your tastes...
Fri 21/07/06 at 17:29
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I'm happy with my 360 playing the likes of GRAW, Fight night and PGR3 online as well as pro evo 5 from time to time.

Only thing is the recent lack of games that appeal to me but I've not got too long to wait hopefully till a bunch of games I want come out - namely Rainbow six: vegas, splinter cell 4 and pro evo 6.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.