GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo VIP users important info type stuff"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/11/02 at 17:04
Regular
Taken from cube-europe.com

Only in Europe! Nintendo are offering gamers the chance to bag a free Wavebird. Register enough VIP cards from Nintendo's own GameCube products and you'll receive a shiny-new Wavebird controller in the post. Only it's not that simple.

Ok, so we can sort of understand why Nintendo are planning such a giveaway. 'Tempt gamers with Wavebirds and they'll buy our games' is probably the message doing the rounds at Nintendo's European HQ right now. Fair enough. But is such a scheme as good as it sounds?

VIP vouchers earn you stars and that's a fact. Redeem your Nintendo VIP vouchers by logging onto Nintendo Europe's online hub, located conveniently at Nintendo-Europe.com. Then register your GameCube identity and key in your console or voucher codes. Doing so will then give you points or 'stars' as Nintendo so fittingly call them.

4800 stars is the number you'll have to reach before becoming eligible for a Wavebird. Only 4800 'stars' is a number which is unlikely to be reached by the average GameCube owner - even those with mountains of games may only have a few paltry points if Nintendo titles haven't been snapped up.

However, if you purchase Mario Sunshine, Eternal Darkness and Starfox Adventures before 31st December you can earn an extra 750 points on top of those you're owed anyway. The Wavebird will become available in the Nintendo VIP Star Catalogue sometime next week. More 'real' gifts are promised in the near future.

-----------------

I don't bloody beleive this, they could have told us earlier that way I wouldn't have wasted 1200 points on fecking crappy screensavers.

I've already registered 6 games and i've only got 535 bloody points left. Finegrs crossed i'll somehow get the points but it's very unlikely.

With only 3 more Nintendo games being released by the end of the year it's very bloody unlikely though.

Anyone got any VIP cards they don't want?

I'll pay for them, just not in cash, I have some black wine gums if you want them?
Sun 03/11/02 at 17:36
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> maddmun wrote:
> you
> can buy a Wavebird! how amazing is that!?
>
> You're joking right, have you been on the happy pills again?
>
> :D

Another scenario of editation

Message shown by Americans Of Saddam Hussain
I..........want to......kill.......American people

Real Message
I would never want to take part in the innocent killing of the American People

Of course, he still wants to kill the ones who hate him now (99% of idiots) i.e. 98.99999999999999999% of all Americans 9drunk Cow isn't an idiot so he counts as the 0.0000000000000000001% taken off
Sun 03/11/02 at 17:32
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
I got 1705 and have not spent any at all due to not even realising until I saw a topic about the stars in here :)
I would have more but being very generous Tiltawhirl has my Pikmin one :P I sold Wave Race and Smash Bros on ebay with the VIP cards unused :( I'll have 2705 when I get Starfox but I don't see me getting much more :(
Sun 03/11/02 at 17:30
Regular
maddmun wrote:
you
> can buy a Wavebird! how amazing is that!?

You're joking right, have you been on the happy pills again?

:D
Sun 03/11/02 at 17:30
Regular
well its not as bad as losing all your points when your user (i.e. maddmun) disappears. I had about 1000 stars when Puff, i couldn't log in as myself anymore, but i still got the emails,had to re-register and i'm back up to 740 stars now though but i should have around 1700
*cries*
Sun 03/11/02 at 17:17
Regular
I've got the same problem - I'd rather delete all my screensavers and get all my 'stars' back - I've got many a Nintendo game with Pin numbers that I've added in the past. So now I've only got 840 stars. Even with the additional 750 I'll get when I register Starfox Adventures, that still wont be any good for the freebie - mind you Nintendo should give those screensavers and stuff away for free anyway instead of trying to con you into spending loads of time on their site and buying tonnes of products.
Sun 03/11/02 at 17:16
Regular
Or... instead of buying loads of games to redeem for a wavebird... you can buy a Wavebird! how amazing is that!?
Sun 03/11/02 at 17:04
Regular
Taken from cube-europe.com

Only in Europe! Nintendo are offering gamers the chance to bag a free Wavebird. Register enough VIP cards from Nintendo's own GameCube products and you'll receive a shiny-new Wavebird controller in the post. Only it's not that simple.

Ok, so we can sort of understand why Nintendo are planning such a giveaway. 'Tempt gamers with Wavebirds and they'll buy our games' is probably the message doing the rounds at Nintendo's European HQ right now. Fair enough. But is such a scheme as good as it sounds?

VIP vouchers earn you stars and that's a fact. Redeem your Nintendo VIP vouchers by logging onto Nintendo Europe's online hub, located conveniently at Nintendo-Europe.com. Then register your GameCube identity and key in your console or voucher codes. Doing so will then give you points or 'stars' as Nintendo so fittingly call them.

4800 stars is the number you'll have to reach before becoming eligible for a Wavebird. Only 4800 'stars' is a number which is unlikely to be reached by the average GameCube owner - even those with mountains of games may only have a few paltry points if Nintendo titles haven't been snapped up.

However, if you purchase Mario Sunshine, Eternal Darkness and Starfox Adventures before 31st December you can earn an extra 750 points on top of those you're owed anyway. The Wavebird will become available in the Nintendo VIP Star Catalogue sometime next week. More 'real' gifts are promised in the near future.

-----------------

I don't bloody beleive this, they could have told us earlier that way I wouldn't have wasted 1200 points on fecking crappy screensavers.

I've already registered 6 games and i've only got 535 bloody points left. Finegrs crossed i'll somehow get the points but it's very unlikely.

With only 3 more Nintendo games being released by the end of the year it's very bloody unlikely though.

Anyone got any VIP cards they don't want?

I'll pay for them, just not in cash, I have some black wine gums if you want them?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.