GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lord of the Rings Two Towers on PS2, shortest game ever?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Lord of the Rings : The Two Towers'.
Sat 09/11/02 at 17:33
Regular
4 HOURS it took to complete!! Everyone was talk about Devil May Cry last year, we all now that it plays fantastic and looks fantastic, it only problem.... too short about 15 hours (sure u could complete it again on another level), Lord of the Rings has a similiar problem , looks fantstic plays okish and last 4 hours... Everyone said that devil may cry was a ripp of because it was so short.... whats about this... spent £40 on it and I got 10 hours out of it thats £10 an hour!!! Devil may cry spent £40 got 15 hours out of it thats £3.50ish an hour. GTA3 Took me about 35 hours thats better bout 1.25 an hour!

RANCHET AND CLANK - It takes bout 20-30 hours and is ace
GTA VICE CITY - no need to say anything

LOTR 2 TOWERS - shorter than a baby elf (take that Lagolas!!!!)

DON'T WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED CASH!!! TRUST ME IT MAY LOOK GOOD BUT ITS SO SHORT
Thu 14/11/02 at 12:34
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Pop for IB.
Mon 11/11/02 at 14:21
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
What's the replay value like then? Is LOTR fun to pick up and play or is it a 'been there done that' kind of thing? Devil May Cry wasn't that short (15 hours is about right for an action game I reckon) but it has enormous replay value, cos the harder settings are so damn hard!

Way of the Samurai is possibly the shortest I've played at about 2 hours, but again it has lots of replay value for collecting swords and learning new moves etc.
Mon 11/11/02 at 09:53
Regular
Wow! What a lot of numbers, a shame none of them are actually related to eachother... :D But I guess they're okay rounding to the nearest 10 or 100. Anyway, enough of the nut picking :D

4 hours is bad... but did anybody buy Rebel Assault 2 on PS1? First time through, it took 45 minutes... and that was without seeing anything before. Second time through etc... it took less than 30. Now *that* is bad. Lucky it only cost £20... but that was still probably too much!
Sat 09/11/02 at 20:59
Regular
"A man with a stick"
4 Hours, damn, I was thinking about getting it as well. Probably pick it up when it's £10 or something, besides I've got VC to keep me occupied for next few months.
Sat 09/11/02 at 19:52
Regular
Ratchet and Clank rules.
Sat 09/11/02 at 18:10
Regular
"Whatever!"
> whats ratchet and clank is it any good what kind of game is it

Its a platform game I think and its suppose to be brilliant - Well worth a look at!
Sat 09/11/02 at 18:07
Mattyboy wrote:
> I was going to order it soon but now I might as well get something
> worthwhile like Ratchet + Clank!

whats ratchet and clank is it any good what kind of game is it
Sat 09/11/02 at 18:05
Regular
"Whatever!"
I was going to order it soon but now I might as well get something worthwhile like Ratchet + Clank!
Sat 09/11/02 at 18:03
thanks i woz thinkin of buyin it coz i saw it in the shop and looks good but id rather get gta vice city much better as everybody says
Sat 09/11/02 at 17:33
4 HOURS it took to complete!! Everyone was talk about Devil May Cry last year, we all now that it plays fantastic and looks fantastic, it only problem.... too short about 15 hours (sure u could complete it again on another level), Lord of the Rings has a similiar problem , looks fantstic plays okish and last 4 hours... Everyone said that devil may cry was a ripp of because it was so short.... whats about this... spent £40 on it and I got 10 hours out of it thats £10 an hour!!! Devil may cry spent £40 got 15 hours out of it thats £3.50ish an hour. GTA3 Took me about 35 hours thats better bout 1.25 an hour!

RANCHET AND CLANK - It takes bout 20-30 hours and is ace
GTA VICE CITY - no need to say anything

LOTR 2 TOWERS - shorter than a baby elf (take that Lagolas!!!!)

DON'T WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED CASH!!! TRUST ME IT MAY LOOK GOOD BUT ITS SO SHORT

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.