GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Someone stole my GAD :("

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/03/02 at 12:28
Regular
I was looking foward to playing State of Emergency today when I came downstairs to see a parcel in my kitchen at 8.30am. Ran upstairs half asleep, and went off to the toilet etc.. opened up the package to have a look at the game itself but I couldn't find it.

I turned it upside down, out fell a magazine, the long strip of white paper, an advert for camera film, and an order form. I also noticed that one of the sides had been selotaped down.

Now I know what it feels like to be robbed, but I would have thought when it did happen it wouldn't be stolen while in the post.

So someone actually did steal my GAD literally. So don't complain when someone else "steals" the GAD prize for a day you think you should have won - It could be worse.
Mon 18/03/02 at 19:02
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
You better be lying Mojojo.. because if you are not...
Sun 17/03/02 at 21:48
Regular
"That's right!"
Don't look so surprised, we all know I had help!

*winks at certain SR users*
Sun 17/03/02 at 21:43
Regular
"That's right!"
It was me!

I asked Jon politely for my share of his GAD, and he refused

So I went down to London in the Bat Mobile and stole his GAD!

I don't even have a PS2, I just stare at it and laugh, knowing how heartbroken Rakuga is
Sun 17/03/02 at 10:18
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Mr. Happy wrote:
> Why bother bringing Scooby-Doo into this, just go and find anyone you know
> called "old man something" (ie Old Man Rivers) or anyone who owns an
> amusement park/haunted house/museum/possible tourist attraction and pull off
> their mask, go through all the "I would have gotten away with it if it
> hadn't been for you pesky pesky kids" yadda and then go and play on your
> game.

Good point. But they'd manage to bump into the old man some how. It's there wild imaginations that gets them to the bottom of it. So here's the plan, I bring him in to start his investigation. I follow him to the first old man he sees, then I sack them, then I solve the robbery. Sounds like a good plan to me.

----------------------------

Ok.....
Suspect 12: Old Man Rivers
- Old Man Rivers is wanted in connection of numerous crimes including posing as a ghost (200 counts), being grumpy and complaining about kids (100 counts). It is believed he could also be responsible for the theft of the GAD yesterday.
- Motives: Old, not much longer to live.. nothing to lose. Boredom - wanted Scooby Doo to pursue him once more (he gets a kick out of it)

(And I still have the parcel in it's original packaging plus the addition of it's sellotape)
Sun 17/03/02 at 01:13
DONT THROW THE TAPE AWAY!!!!!!!!
take it to royal mail or who ever delivered it and see if thats the sort of tape they supply to staff. if not post a piece to SR and tell them to compare it. if not that phone channel 5 and get the number of the for-en-sic thingy show.
Sun 17/03/02 at 00:15
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Why bother bringing Scooby-Doo into this, just go and find anyone you know called "old man something" (ie Old Man Rivers) or anyone who owns an amusement park/haunted house/museum/possible tourist attraction and pull off their mask, go through all the "I would have gotten away with it if it hadn't been for you pesky pesky kids" yadda and then go and play on your game.

Bringing Scooby Doo into the affair would ensure it dragged on at least a week... but if it was the Scooby Doo from the new film then that would mean... SARAH MICHELLE GELLER!! (she stars in the new Scooby Doo film) and she would stay with you for a week.. oh but it would also mean Freddy Prinze Jr. (who also stars as the blonde guy) and their engaged which would probably suck.

SO just go and find old man rivers and get your game back :-)
Sat 16/03/02 at 22:54
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I know how it was stolen... but not how...

If the package was open, and selloptape had been taken off, but it looked normal, then why was the magazine and the ordering sheet and all that other rubbish still in the packet?

I say someone wanted a free game.......... or maybe the game just slid out because it was heavier.

*Sigh*
Sat 16/03/02 at 21:09
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
big_slow wrote:
> oh my god, i cant believe something like this has actually happend! if youve won
> so many GADS maybe its the postman coz he knows what the package looks like. if
> your get one gets bushed its gotta be him.

I have to say I was very shocked. It never crossed my mind that something like this could happen. But SR ordering hotline says it is actually suprisingly common.

I can see why now, someone working in a post office/dispatching department in a store sees the opportunity to thieve it. It's not exactly hard, easier to break in to - all you need to do is tear it. It's not like a house or something. Quite worrying really.

I doubt it's the postman though. I've seen him in the mornings on the way to school. He seems like a nice honest bloke. I reckon it's either got lost in a sorting office or at SR HQ or some new kid working in the post office sorting office isn't very trustworthy and liked the look of the parcel, so thought he'd have a peep inside. I suppose I'll never find out what happened to it..
Sat 16/03/02 at 21:05
oh my god, i cant believe something like this has actually happend! if youve won so many GADS maybe its the postman coz he knows what the package looks like. if your get one gets bushed its gotta be him.
Sat 16/03/02 at 20:48
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
New Suspect just in!

Suspect 11: Mojojojo aliases: Dr G., Rumney, Spoofman, Newcastle chap who gets drunk a lot
My good long time internet friend. Haven't seen him all of today. He gave me some ideas for my last gad winning post... In a recent message/post I remember him saying "I still haven't got any part of that GAD yet." Maybe this was a threat? Now he's carried out that threat and fleed to Cuba (over a game you say?! yes!).

He's now number one on the R.B.I (Rakuga Bureau of Investigation) most wanted list. Do not approach this man at all costs - he is dangerous.

I can bet to you all when I see Mojojojo some time (he's probably out at the pub tonight) and tell him what happened he will laugh at me and call me Monkey man. I know him all to well.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.