GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A question - please humour me."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/11/02 at 17:21
Regular
I don't come to this forum often. Indeed, i don't own a PS2, nor a PSONE, or any other Sony product. I therefore have little need to be here.

But, being in the FOG chat forum, idiot fanboys such as Dave RJR continually spout rubbish on why he thinks the PS2 is the best console in the history of the universe. Yet, on my experiences of having come here, I have witnessed the following:

Everyone reveres GTA3
Everyone still reveres GTA3
People buy FFX
People quickly get bemused with FFX
Everyone reveres GTA3
Everyone gets excited by GTA:VC
Everyone reveres GTA:VC

Is there a trend here? For all the hype, it seems that PS2 owners lack variety. The games are certainly available, but your "must buy" games list appears thin, and the only REAL "must have" games are those two that make me physically ill.

Please tell me you people have something more to go on than a couple of titles that have been available almost since launch, and a few updates that have become available for them.
Mon 11/11/02 at 17:21
"Darkness, always"
I don't come to this forum often. Indeed, i don't own a PS2, nor a PSONE, or any other Sony product. I therefore have little need to be here.

But, being in the FOG chat forum, idiot fanboys such as Dave RJR continually spout rubbish on why he thinks the PS2 is the best console in the history of the universe. Yet, on my experiences of having come here, I have witnessed the following:

Everyone reveres GTA3
Everyone still reveres GTA3
People buy FFX
People quickly get bemused with FFX
Everyone reveres GTA3
Everyone gets excited by GTA:VC
Everyone reveres GTA:VC

Is there a trend here? For all the hype, it seems that PS2 owners lack variety. The games are certainly available, but your "must buy" games list appears thin, and the only REAL "must have" games are those two that make me physically ill.

Please tell me you people have something more to go on than a couple of titles that have been available almost since launch, and a few updates that have become available for them.
Mon 11/11/02 at 17:25
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Pro Evolution Soccer 2
TimeSplitters 2
Burnout 2
Metal Gear Solid 2
Final Fantasy X
Ratchet & Clank
SSX Tricky
Gran Turismo 3
SmackDown

I'd say there's a fair few must-have games on PS2, these are just a few I could think of. There's pretty much a triple-A title in every genre. Loads are sequels, but who cares?
Mon 11/11/02 at 17:48
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Pro Evolution Soccer 2 - Coming to GC.
> TimeSplitters 2 - Same.
> Burnout 2 - Well, it was coming to GC.
> Metal Gear Solid 2 - You're right there.
> Final Fantasy X - I don't like.
> Ratchet & Clank - I don't like.
> SSX Tricky - On GC.
> Gran Turismo 3 - You're also right here.
> SmackDown - We have the equivelant, Wrestlemania X-8.

Although, I have to admit, I enjoy all of these (apart from the ones that I said I didn't, strangely enough), but, of course, I've always been more of a Ninty (is this the correct place and time to say that?), but I really enjoy the PS2 and a lot of its games.

With my PS2 and GC, I feel as if I rule the world. Yey!
Mon 11/11/02 at 18:32
Regular
I have a PS2 for a few select games, but they are worth the purchase alone. The Pro Evolution series is the finest of its genre, ditto Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid 2 was a classic, GTA is a game that actually lives up to the hype, as well as the Smackdown series (albeit the latter is something of an acquired taste).

I only have 6 games for PS2, but those games are worth it alone.
Mon 11/11/02 at 18:37
Regular
I doubt we lack variety in games, as we have more than enough in each genre.

And, just forgot what this topic about, so why am I here?
Crazy.
Mon 11/11/02 at 18:46
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
The PS2 has stacks of variety!

This might sound daft, but it's not just the big games that matter. Original games like Gitaroo Man, Way of the Samurai, MTV Music Generator, Ephemeral Fantasia, Ico and stuff like that add to the diversity of PS2!

I own a GC as well, and although I love Nintendo, the only half decent games for GC at the minute are Pikmin and Super Monkey Ball. That game rules.
Mon 11/11/02 at 18:51
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
well here goes...

the reason GTA is talked about so much, is because it is that damn good... and as already said, it lives up to the hype, not many games can cope with hype.

MGS2
Pro Evo2
SSX Tricky
Twisted Metal: Black
The WipEout series
Colin Mcrae Rally 3
The Getaway
007 Nightfire
Red Faction(1 & 2)
The Tekken series
Timeslitters(1 & 2)
Burnout(1 & 2)
The Fifa Series(some better than others...)
Jak and Daxter
Medal of Honor Frontline
Tiger Woods 2002
FFX
Moto GP(1 & 2)
Rez
Headhunter
Smackdown series
Silent Hill(1 & 2)
WRC(1 & 2)
Resi Evil Series

and these r just the ones i can think of at this point in time.
Mon 11/11/02 at 18:51
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Two must have games? I think not. Well, actually, I don't believe in must have games to start with. Just some are better than others.
Mon 11/11/02 at 19:16
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Please tell me you people have something more to go on than a couple
> of titles that have been available almost since launch, and a few
> updates that have become available for them.

We have something more to go on than a couple of titles that have been available almost since launch, and a few updates that have become available for them.
Mon 11/11/02 at 19:22
"Darkness, always"
Windowlicker wrote:
> MGS2
> Pro Evo2
> SSX Tricky
> Twisted Metal: Black
> The WipEout series
> Colin Mcrae Rally 3
> The Getaway
> 007 Nightfire
> Red Faction(1 & 2)
> The Tekken series
> Timeslitters(1 & 2)
> Burnout(1 & 2)
> The Fifa Series(some better than others...)
> Jak and Daxter
> Medal of Honor Frontline
> Tiger Woods 2002
> FFX
> Moto GP(1 & 2)
> Rez
> Headhunter
> Smackdown series
> Silent Hill(1 & 2)
> WRC(1 & 2)
> Resi Evil Series

I guess the fact that not a single one of these titles lights my pants aflame is testament enough as to why I don't own a PS2.

OK, you guys seem happy enough. It's just that your forum seems dominated by a few games only.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.