GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Right Brain v Left Brain"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/10/07 at 19:49
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Right Brain v Left Brain

This amused me for a while. For the vast majority of time, I see it as rotating clockwise. There doesnt seem to be any discernible logic in when it switches for me though. At least nothing I could equate with what the article lists. Yet some people seem to be able to make it switch at will. Maybe I dont have a left and right side functionality, just a jumbled mess. :P
Mon 29/10/07 at 19:49
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Right Brain v Left Brain

This amused me for a while. For the vast majority of time, I see it as rotating clockwise. There doesnt seem to be any discernible logic in when it switches for me though. At least nothing I could equate with what the article lists. Yet some people seem to be able to make it switch at will. Maybe I dont have a left and right side functionality, just a jumbled mess. :P
Mon 29/10/07 at 23:25
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Someone else showed me that and I spent ages trying to get her to go anticlockwise, but I just can't.

I even saved it and slowed it down, and I can see there are a few gaps in what's there that you're supposed to fill in yourself, but I still don't see how it can be interpreted as anything but clockwise.
What is interesting is that her shadow appears to have been reflected across into the negative Z axis (if you think of her as being at 0, 0, 0), so the shadow is only visible when it should be off camera, and vice versa [perhaps people who see her going anticlockwise see the shadow acting normally?]. And following that thought, if you cover up everything above her pivot foot then it seems that it swings through only 180 degrees then goes back again. But the rest of her, nope, still looks clockwise to me.
Mon 29/10/07 at 23:32
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Pretty firmly anti-clockwise for me. Very briefly clockwise when i look away or open the page.
Mon 29/10/07 at 23:44
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Out of curiosity Nin, do you see her spinning on her left or right foot?
Mon 29/10/07 at 23:58
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Clockwise she spins on her left, anti-clockwise on her right.
Tue 30/10/07 at 01:19
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> Out of curiosity Nin, do you see her spinning on her left or
> right foot?

On her right
Tue 30/10/07 at 04:02
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Some further thought about this has lead me to conclude the article is load of rubbish. Then I did some googling and found this. A far more reasonable and interesting explanation of whats going on.

Also you can see the original flash animation of the dancer, better than the crappy animated gif the newspaper had.
Tue 30/10/07 at 04:03
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
That is really freaky. It was predominantly clockwise for me and I tried to make it go anti-clockwise. I couldn't do it, maybe because I am tired or something, so I decided to try and trick my mind by putting my hand in front of the picture and spin it anti-clockwise.

I eventually managed to get it to go anti-clockwise with my spinning hand and closing and then opening my eyes and I also managed to get spinning clockwise to anti-clockwise before she could do a full rotation.
Tue 30/10/07 at 11:14
"possibly impossible"
Both.

Are you sure it's not just the animation changing every so often?
Tue 30/10/07 at 12:13
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
For me, she stands on her left foot and spins clockwise. I can't make her spin any other way.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.