GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"harry potter and the chamber off secrets"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets'.
Thu 21/11/02 at 14:54
Regular
Could anyone tell me how to beat the big snake in the girls toilet i have picked up the sword and have hit it a couple of time and still the red bar wont move to say its been hurt any ideas please
Sat 23/11/02 at 14:22
Regular
"  "
Woah, who are all these people? (Except Darwock, Killer Knightmare and Neo)
Sat 23/11/02 at 13:51
Regular
you will find fred and george through the door in the griffindor tower room that says reading room. Get past percy without him seeing you and open the portrait its the one at the end of the book cases say the pass word when it tells you to and crawl through
Sat 23/11/02 at 11:57
hi, i'm stuck on the arrival at hogwarts section of chamber of secrets. i can't find fred & george. can you help me?
Sat 23/11/02 at 01:15
Regular
I found the answer and i have posted it
good luck and tell me how you got on
jo
Sat 23/11/02 at 01:13
Regular
This is for everyone stuck on the basilisk.
I found this on a hints site and it works yipee.
( as written on the site ) The basilisk did take a bit of working out, but basically all you have to do is when it appears, just fire the sword at him first. He will then raise his neck, which is when you need to aim on his neck using the r1 button. Fire the sword and what happens is that a white stream of light hits him ( i know we all tryed this before but read on )dont let go of the r1 button and use the left toggle stick to keep the aim on his neck where the diamond shape is wha la the red line goes down after a few seconds the snake will flick the sword out of your hand and it will land on one of the platforms. You need to go and get it again to repeat the process which you have to do about four times altogether. Make sure you look out for falling boulders as you go to retreave the sword after the snake knocks it out of your hand.

I can now sleep tonight knowing ive done it

Good luck
Fri 22/11/02 at 21:55
"cheerios"
is the game any good... thinking of getting it for my sister
Fri 22/11/02 at 21:53
Regular
Maddaleigh wrote:
> I'm having the exact same problem.
>
> The "walkthrough" section has a listing for this game, but
> it's for the PC, so I'm thinking it won't help that much.
>
> The only thing I've gotten so far from other people is that you have
> to hit the snake when its mouth is open, however I've tried this over
> and over and over and over and NOTHING seems to hurt it.
>
> I target it with R1, and the circle appears around its mouth, I hit
> one of the buttons (circle, square or triangle) to hit it, and it's
> head goes back and it screams, but no damage is done.
>
> If anyone can help I'd be delighted to know.

How annoying is this it says 3 years and over on the box i am 31 and still cant do it i think i will complain to the game manufacturers. They might be able to shed some light on it. Heres hopeing anyway. I will let you know what they say.
Fri 22/11/02 at 21:48
Regular
I have a new copy and i still cant do it any help would be greatly appreciated
Fri 22/11/02 at 13:52
i got the Philosophers stone last Christmas and completed it in a week.
Fri 22/11/02 at 13:45
I'm having the exact same problem.

The "walkthrough" section has a listing for this game, but it's for the PC, so I'm thinking it won't help that much.

The only thing I've gotten so far from other people is that you have to hit the snake when its mouth is open, however I've tried this over and over and over and over and NOTHING seems to hurt it.

I target it with R1, and the circle appears around its mouth, I hit one of the buttons (circle, square or triangle) to hit it, and it's head goes back and it screams, but no damage is done.

If anyone can help I'd be delighted to know.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.