GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"is the ps2 good"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/11/02 at 18:31
Regular
im thinking of buying the ps2 soon and i wanted to know if it was good or not people are saying that the xbox is better cause i ve aleady got a gamecube and i want another and im thinking of the ps2 i know that gta vc is one of the best games on it but what other reasons are there for buying it

plae help me im confused

heeeeeeeeelllllllllpppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thu 28/11/02 at 15:26
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Cool, thanks for the tip. I'll keep a dancemat handy in case I ever find myself at the same party as you!
Thu 28/11/02 at 15:21
"Darkness, always"
Oh dear. You got out a dance mat at a party?

I wouldn't have sat in a corner, I'd have been out the damn door.

If I want to dance, I'll go to a nightclub, I won't prance around making myself look like a buffoon in my own home, or anyone else's.
Thu 28/11/02 at 15:16
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Oh dear the bitterness is showing through again. God forbid you should actually use a games console to have fun with!! What kind of sad geek would do that?

I was at a friends 25th birthday party last weekend and he got out a dancemat and a copy of Dancing Stage. I'm sure you would have sat in the corner "despising with ferocity"... but everybody at the party loved it, including the old folks. Gaming is meant to be a shared experience.
Thu 28/11/02 at 15:09
"Darkness, always"
Darwock wrote:
> PS2 + force feedback wheel + Burnout 2 = arcade heaven!

There are few things I despise with greater ferocity than people sad enough to buy a steering wheel for their console.

It's comparable to bying one of those "skateboards" or mayhap even a dancemat.
Thu 28/11/02 at 15:05
Regular
"IB for Notable...."
Insane Bartender wrote:

the problem lies in your education, not my
> posting style.

Ho ho ho :D
Thu 28/11/02 at 15:02
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Burnout 2 does interest me, but it's not a game to buy a PS2 for.
>
> Burnout is fun. But in my experience, racing sequels rarely make a
> great improvement over the original.

I guess this is one you haven't played at a friends house then, because nobody can deny it's better after playing it. And if you are going to use single games as the excuse for buying a console then it certainly is worth buying a PS2 for.

PS2 + force feedback wheel + Burnout 2 = arcade heaven!
Thu 28/11/02 at 15:00
"Darkness, always"
Darwock wrote:
> For somebody who writes in such a pompous overblown style, your
> grammar sucks.

The grammar was intentional, a sleight to show that the majority of time spent on the PS1 was with FF7. *shrug* Make of it what you will. Personally, I have never made any claim to say that my grammar is impeccable. Besides, if you can't type a few decent words of english, or read them without feeling that the person who typed it is "overblown", then the problem lies in your education, not my posting style.
Thu 28/11/02 at 14:56
"Darkness, always"
Burnout 2 does interest me, but it's not a game to buy a PS2 for.

Burnout is fun. But in my experience, racing sequels rarely make a great improvement over the original.

Besides, I only play it to ram the bus into trucks at 140mph down the wrong side of the road.
Thu 28/11/02 at 14:54
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> PS1 had some very involving games that I enjoyed.
>
> Most of these were just Final Fantasy 7 though.

For somebody who writes in such a pompous overblown style, your grammar sucks.

I just popped over to the Nintendo forum - you don't seem to have very many posts over there but I did notice you recently bought Burnout. So tell me... why doesn't Burnout 2 interest you? It's a massive improvement on the original.
Thu 28/11/02 at 14:52
Regular
"IB for Notable...."
As long as that's all you shake !!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.