GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MGS2 is..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/03/02 at 19:29
Regular
Amazing :-). you should all buy this game now if you havent already got it.
The graphics are even better then the demo and it has improved since then.
It took me about 10 mins to get used to the controls seeing as i didnt buy the first MGS but since then this game is totally amazing, some of the cut scenes can last a while but they fit in perfectly even though they can last a while. There is a real sense of team work during the second stage of the game, the enemy AI is really intelligent and some of the mission objectives take a while to figure out the best way.
heh, and here's thinking about swapping this for State of emergency , you must be joking now, this game is amazing

KR
Tue 12/03/02 at 20:49
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Not really. You got some big challenges ahead...
Tue 12/03/02 at 20:46
Regular
"  "
i have just beat FATMAN and just got the gear off ninja....i am any where near the end?
Tue 12/03/02 at 20:40
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Little hint KR

All may not be as it seems.....;)
Tue 12/03/02 at 20:25
Regular
SPOILER

i have just got past the bit FM was talking about and im now just past the torcher chamber bit but i think snake has turned bad
Tue 12/03/02 at 19:24
Regular
"You Bum!!"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Pro Evo wrote:
> I havent finished the game as yet but my favourite boss so
> far has to be Vamp
> where you meet him just before Emma. Mainly because he
> was my favourite villan
> on the game so far and it was quite a good boss to
> kill too.

You'll be in for a shock later then...
(Hint: He's a vampire, you
> can't kill vampires...)

Giving it away a little bit innit? :)

Anyway I am now playing the game a second time round collecting all the dog tags in the meanwhile
Tue 12/03/02 at 13:58
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I also never bought the first game, but this and the Final Fantasy games mean no spare time ever. i think it has surpassed all the hype.
Tue 12/03/02 at 01:04
great game 9/10. :)
Tue 12/03/02 at 00:22
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Pro Evo wrote:
> I havent finished the game as yet but my favourite boss so far has to be Vamp
> where you meet him just before Emma. Mainly because he was my favourite villan
> on the game so far and it was quite a good boss to kill too.

You'll be in for a shock later then...
(Hint: He's a vampire, you can't kill vampires...)
Mon 11/03/02 at 22:37
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
DeltaJava wrote:
> Apparently, spending 20 hours over a weekend (including Friday night) playing
> just MGS2 isn't good for your health. And there's the intro sequence, which
> I've seen a dozen times already. Love it.

I spent about 12-13 hours on it over the weekend. And then last night had a dream I was on the Tanker(not exatly the same as in the game) and I was Snake and had to shoot Solidus I think and save Raiden.
Mon 11/03/02 at 22:14
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Only me disappointed then? Great graphics, detail etc etc, but it's exactly the same as the first one! Loads of bits are taken straight from the first one. There's a reason for it, but they could have thought of something new. I'm now waiting for MGS3, which Kojima said he won't be making (good thing?).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.